PDA

View Full Version : Playlists: current podcast ends but next podcast does not play

Goattee
03-07-2013, 09:02 PM
I have noticed this change in behavior in the .10 and .11 beta releases. And I am wondering whether this is a by-product of the sync feature. As the title suggests, I put any number of podcasts in the list. BeyondPod plays the first one and then stops. I have to manually advance to the next one.

I have not changed any settings for playlist behavior for a long time. And I don't see a setting explicitly to change this behavior.

Is this a new bug? Or am I missing something?

Dennis Rockwell
03-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Take a look at Settings/Player Settings/After Playing. Make sure it's set to Play next or Delete and play next.

juwlz
03-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Are you sure that you definitely have multiple items on your playlist? (How are you creating your playlist?) You can check your playlist contents by tapping the right hand tab to switch between the full screen player and the playlist.

Is it possible that the "next" item is a streaming one, but is unable to play because you have disabled streaming over 3G?

I have Delete and Play Next set as the "After Playing" option in the Player Settings (Menu | More... | Settings | Player Settings), and it's working fine for me.

Julie

Goattee
03-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Take a look at Settings/Player Settings/After Playing. Make sure it's set to Play next or Delete and play next.

Of course!

I made the change and it's working the way I expected. (And I feel dumb for not finding the solution myself.)

Dennis Rockwell
03-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Not to worry! BP has more options than most operating systems...

While this is A Good Thing for us users, it's probably waaay complex inside.