PDA

View Full Version : How about an API?

the7erm
09-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Hello,

I'm a Linux guy, and I have an app (on a computer) that plays podcasts. It'd be neat if i could keep the podcasts in sync on the computer & my phone. I'd be more than happy to write the python & php interface to the API for you.

Erm

fragstone
02-05-2014, 11:06 AM
Hi,

i will ask if you are have made a step forward for a sync api?
podcast and episoden sync are a most underrated topic!

regards
Thomas

the7erm
02-05-2014, 11:27 AM
From what I understand they are going to be using an api similar to gpodder, and if that's the case gpodder libraries will be compatible with beyond pod. They might even connect to the gpodder db to accomplish this, but this is purly speculation.

Erm

juwlz
02-06-2014, 07:11 AM
I forget who now, but somebody did post that they were working on a desktop app that would use the API to sync with Android devices, but I'm not sure what happened. Everything went quiet.

The BeyondPod team is not currently working on anything themselves.

Julie

racy
06-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Did anyone make progress on this? I'd like to sync my feed status to/from a non-beyondpod device...

cris_flecher
08-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Did anyone make progress on this? I'd like to sync my feed status to/from a non-beyondpod device...
I would like to join this question - it's very important for me now. Any suggestions?

juwlz
08-24-2015, 11:48 AM
Not that I'm aware of. There are plans afoot to replace EpisodeSync with a web-based synchronisation and feed management system, which could also include a means to play episodes, but it's a fair way off just yet.

However, we do have a (beta test) version of BeyondPod that will run as a Chrome Extension on a Chromebook (http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?15-BeyondPod-For-Chromebooks-Beta), or in Chrome for Windows using ARCWelder.

Julie