PDA

View Full Version : switching to cast mid-episode resets position to beginning.

JohnQ
12-15-2013, 05:29 PM
For me, when I am part-way through an episode, and then begin casting to my tv, it always resets the play-position to the beginning. It isn't a big deal... Its easy to note the position before casting, and then seek after playback begins. But I thought I'd mention it.

juwlz
12-16-2013, 09:30 AM
It's certainly not a general issue (BeyondPod should always - if the device's player reports it properly - know where it's got to, and instruct CC to start at the same point), and I haven't had this issue, but it might be related to a particular feed, or the particular way that you switch.

Could you please give step-by-step details of what you're doing, and let us know which device and feeds you're seeing this on.

Thanks
Julie

juwlz
12-18-2013, 11:04 AM
This is probably related to how the media is encoded for particular podcastsl so maybe you're unlucky with the particular feeds that you subscribe to?

It's the player's responsibility to resume where we ask it to, so if the ChromeCast (in this case) can't cope with seeking to the position that BeyondPod has asked it to seek to, I'm afraid there's not a lot we can do.

Sorry
Julie

JohnQ
12-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the help, it turns out that the issue is inside my chromecast. I tried a different chromecast, and it works fine there. I'll work with the chromecast guys to figure out what's going on with mine. Thanks!