PDA

View Full Version : unlock key

Ron
03-12-2014, 08:58 AM
i have written amazon and beyondpod neither will answer why when i bought the unlock key that it will not work on my android phone and does not show show chromecast icon on my Kindle Fire HD. i have the icon on phone but it does not work, message I'm out of trial period. i have reload all, still nothing.
Why?

StefanK
03-12-2014, 09:24 AM
Ron,

Unfortunately currently BeyondPod does not support Chromecast on Kindle. With the official release of Chromecast support, Google moved all Chromecast related functionality into an external component (Google Play Services application). Third party apps that want to use Chromecast (like BeyondPod) must rely on that component in order to be able to stream to connected Chromecast devices.

Unfortunately Google has made Google Play Services available only on devices that have Google Play Store (Amazon Kindle has its own store) hence until Google changes that we can't support Chromecast on Kindle. I know that some apps like Netflix do support Chromecast on Kindle - my guess is that Google has allowed a special workaround for Netflix - something that is not available to us.

The reason why your phone thinks that it is out of trial is because you have not installed the unlock key on it. The unlock key is just an application that must be installed on the phone. If you have purchased the unlock key on the Kindle store, you can still use it on your Android phone but downloading the Amazon App Store app:

1) Download and Install Amazon AppStore app on your phone from: http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/android
2) Download the unlock key to the phone from the Amazon Store App.

Alternatively you can contact our support (support@beyondpod.mobi) and we can refund your Amazon App Store purchase then you can purchase the unlock key from Google Play Store.

Stefan