PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove the BeyondPod panel from my lock screen?

redwards1966
12-16-2014, 09:41 AM
Ever since upgrading to the latest version I now have the BeyondPod control panel (pause, back, fwd, skip) at the top of the screen right over my pattern unlock screen. When it's in my pocket I keep hitting the pause or skip and I end up starting another podcast by mistake.

I've looked at the settings and can't find a way to remove that.

Frustrated.

Dennis Rockwell
12-16-2014, 01:36 PM
This is very Android version-dependent.

This works on Android 4.4.2, Samsung: if you're seeing the real BP lockscreen widget (it'll include the feed or episode art), long-press the art until the border appears, then swipe down until it looks like the widget is resizing. Drag it as far down as you can, and release. Long-press the art again, and you'll be in the drag&drop lockscreen widget mode. There's a trashcan somewhere you can drag the widget into.

Other versions and manufacturers, I can't help you. They all differ.

On my Nexus 7, before Lollipop banished lockscreen widgets, you didn't need the down-swipe to get into drag&drop mode.

redwards1966
12-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the reply. Doesn't seem to work for me. I have Samsung SIIx with Android 4.1.2.

juwlz
12-17-2014, 07:09 AM
You might do better asking in a Samsung-specific forum - as Dennis says, it's an Android / Manufacturer-specific question, rather than a BeyondPod-specific one. You'll probably find you get the same issue with Google Music, or any music player installed on your device.

Julie