PDA

View Full Version : Replay on resume even when set to Do not Replay

grelbar
04-01-2015, 02:31 AM
I have an issue in the latest beta 4.1.31 where I take a pause (few minutes), and upon pressing play again, it will replay the last 30 seconds even if I have the setting set to "Do not Replay".

This is the setting under: BeyondPod Settings -> Player Settings -> Automatic Pause or Resume -> Replay on Resume. I sent in an android log about 10 minutes ago in relation to another issue, maybe that can be used. If not, please advice what logs I could collect to help out.

juwlz
04-01-2015, 08:20 AM
Does it happen with all episodes in all feeds? Are you streaming or playing downloaded episodes?

My guess is that BP is requesting playback to be resumed at the appropriate place, but your device may or may not be hitting an accurate resume point for a particular type of file / compression / codec, etc. If you're streaming, the host's website configuration enters into the equation too - some are good, some are appallingly bad (to the extreme of always starting from the beginning of the episode in some cases.) And, you're probably never going to get to-the-second accuracy anyway. Of course, it's more noticeable if you don't want to rewind, and after a very short pause.

The same Android log as you've already sent (what problem / thread did that relate to?) should have the right information in it ... provided the folks who look at it know to look for this issue too.

Julie

grelbar
04-01-2015, 10:23 AM
I have never tried streaming, so all instances of this happening have been in downloaded episodes. I'll have to see if it affects all downloads, and what kind of pause triggers this. A short pause does not do it, the pause would be minutes in length for it to show up.

The log was sent in reference to an issue where playback stops before the podcast really ends. You hear it cut off, and then move to the next file. Always happens near the end (and doesn't seem to be related to any specific podcast, crappy editing by the podcaster etc.).

juwlz
04-01-2015, 11:48 AM
OK thanks. I've alerted the troops to be on the lookout for it, and to look for both issues.

Julie