PDA

View Full Version : Importing directory as feed from SD card Lollipop

1tg1
06-05-2015, 02:12 PM
I thought Lollipop would address the inability to access the SD card when the directory in question is "owned" by another app.

I still can't see the files in my bitsync directory on my SD card.

Please advise.

juwlz
06-08-2015, 01:44 AM
I still can't see the files in my bitsync directory on my SD card.
KitKat never prevented READ access to any folder. Only write access to files not in the app's private directory. So technically there was never anything preventing you from adding a virtual feed in an SD card, as long as you didn't want to be able to delete episodes after listening.

This is addressed fully in Android M (which can "adopt" a card), but not in Lollipop, I believe.

Having said that, you are right that when you browse for a folder when adding a Virtual feed, folders in the SD card are ignored. I'll find out why.

Julie

1tg1
06-08-2015, 12:44 PM
Thanks looking forward to a fix.

juwlz
06-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Actually, after I did a bit more digging, I realised that BP shows you the "files" folder in ~/Android/data/mobi.beyondpod, where your normal podcasts are stored on your SD card, rather than the root of your SD card as the root of the folder tree on your removable card. If your Podcasts are on the built-in storage, everything works as it should.

Anyway, it's been fixed (or at least, it works for me) in 4.1.42. It is available at: http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/Downloadbeta.aspx?v=4.1.42 if you want to give it a try. You'll need to download it manually, as for various domestic logistical reasons, it may not get pushed to the beta channel for several weeks.

Alternatively, you can work around it by manually entering/changing the virtual feed folder directly in the feed settings - create a virtual feed from any random folder you have access to, then edit the feed and update the path in the feed's settings to the real path that you want to use.

HTH
Julie

1tg1
06-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the quick fix! Good service!