PDA

View Full Version : Odd positioning behavior

Dennis Rockwell
12-16-2015, 09:55 AM
BP 4.2.10, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, stock unrooted Android 4.4.2.

With the most recent Astronomy Cast (http://traffic.libsyn.com/astronomycast/AstroCast-151214.mp3), positioning is messed up. There are clues that it's a malformed mp3.

Symptoms:

BP's progress bar shows it as almost two hours long, but the show only lasts about 30 minutes. I finally let it play out and after the 30 minutes of audio the progress bar briefly got full-width and the episode deleted as usual.

Skipping forward and back is wildly variable. Skipping back at all goes back almost to the beginning, tapping the progress bar past 30 minutes flashes it where you tap then skips back; I *think* that it places itself proportionally within the 30 minute show as if the progress bar was reporting as the true 30 minutes.

Restarting the phone had no effect on this.

stuartajc
12-17-2015, 07:39 AM
I see the same, episode 396 shows as 111 minutes, and behaves strangely

juwlz
12-18-2015, 06:11 AM
There are clues that it's a malformed mp3.
I guess that's the problem then ;). BP's doing the best it can with rubbish data.

Julie

Dennis Rockwell
12-18-2015, 11:05 AM
Julie, yes, I agree that's the case. It does provide an interesting test case for a player.

In more detail, I believe that tapping the progress bar moved playback to approximately the right place, *if* BP thought the episode was as long as it actually was. However, BP immediately moved the progress bar to the position it would be if the episode were really as long as indicated.

Skip back was still totally screwed, however.