PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Album Art - Bluetooth

bradb21
12-22-2015, 11:00 AM
Does BeyondPod have the ability to send the Album art over bluetooth? I'm running 6.0.1 on a Nexus 6P currently and Google Music will send the album art to my car, so I know it's possible. I don't see anything in the settings or advanced settings that I've been able to get it to work. Thanks!

juwlz
12-23-2015, 07:22 AM
Unless you're using an external player, BeyondPod uses the same player that Google Music does, so I would expect it to behave the same way. It may be that you have an old "hack" method enabled that used to work but will now interfere. See this help page: http://www.beyondpod.com/cms/index.php/my-car-radio-or-pebble-watch-does-not-show-album-artist-information

Julie

bradb21
12-23-2015, 07:34 AM
I have no problems getting metadata on the episode, time remaining, etc.... just no album art. No big deal, just would be cool. Thanks!

juwlz
12-23-2015, 08:17 AM
Have you checked the help page about it that I linked to in my last reply? That's the place to go.

Julie

bradb21
12-23-2015, 08:34 AM
Yes, I did.

I don't have "Publish Current Episode" checked
I already have "Enable Headset Button" checked
I don't have any lock screen widgets.

Nexus 6P Android 6.0.1

juwlz
12-23-2015, 01:01 PM
I don't think there's much more I can add then. For the record, I've never had access to a Bluetooth device that DOES show the artwork (just the text details), but I don't use Google Music, so can't say whether it would have shown up on any of them with that.

Julie

bradb21
12-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Fair enough... I just thought I'd ask. It would be nice for "cool factor", but it's not a big deal. When I saw that Google Music was passing album art to my car I thought maybe BP could do it too.
2016 Audi S6