PDA

View Full Version : Battery Usage on Marshmallow and 6p

mlodyulek
03-16-2016, 10:18 AM
Hey,

I've recently installed the newest beta in hopes of getting the playback speed back on my 6.0 (no luck there) however I noticed a possilble bug.

Before the beta the beyondpod was 3rd or 4th in battery usage, which is to be expected as I tend to listen to 4h to 5h a day.
After the beta update it is the biggest battery hog, bigger even than my screen. I disabled the speed adjustement but I didn't see any improvement.
The phone doesn't become sluggish, or warm, there aren't any major sttuters in the playback of the podcasts.

Using 6.01 January secuirty update, with BP 4.2.10, and bluetooth headphones.

Any one had any similar experiences? Possible bug?

mlodyulek

blindguy
03-27-2016, 11:18 AM
I am also on 6p/4.2.10 and do not see any battery issues. I updated to February security update before unlocking.

stuartajc
03-29-2016, 09:33 AM
Hey,

I've recently installed the newest beta in hopes of getting the playback speed back on my 6.0 (no luck there) however I noticed a possilble bug.

Before the beta the beyondpod was 3rd or 4th in battery usage, which is to be expected as I tend to listen to 4h to 5h a day.
After the beta update it is the biggest battery hog, bigger even than my screen. I disabled the speed adjustement but I didn't see any improvement.
The phone doesn't become sluggish, or warm, there aren't any major sttuters in the playback of the podcasts.

Using 6.01 January secuirty update, with BP 4.2.10, and bluetooth headphones.

Any one had any similar experiences? Possible bug?

mlodyulek

With almost exactly the same setup as you (Nexus 6P, Android 6.0.1, Security Update 1 March 2016, BP 4.2.10, Bluetooth Speakers) BP is fourth on the list of battery use, after Screen, Google App & Google Services. So no problem really, for me.