PDA

View Full Version : Can't skip in episode

Tessha
11-08-2016, 03:31 AM
Hi,

Since a few weeks I can't skip forward or backwards in an episode. If i do that, the episode begins at 0 seconds even if I wads almost at the end if the episode. Does somebodey know what I could do?

Tessha

juwlz
11-08-2016, 04:31 AM
Hi Tessha and welcome to the forum.

It's not a problem I've had myself, and I haven't seen any other reports of it.

Is it just with one particular podcast (or publisher)? (If so, what's the URL for the feed?)
Are you playing a downloaded episode or streaming?
Are you using headset buttons to skip (and if so, wired or bluetooth), and if so, does the >> button on the phone screen work as expected?

What has changed since it worked? (Android update, BeyondPod update, new device, new feed ...)

Julie

Dennis Rockwell
11-08-2016, 10:11 AM
I had that problem a while ago, but it was only with one or two feeds; they were using a variable-rate MP3 encoding, and the built-in player had real trouble with it.

For me, the skip forward and backward behaved badly, like they do for you. In addition, the progress bar didn't appear correct, but tapping it would play the audio you'd expect; in other words, if you tap the center of the progress bar, the audio would seek to the middle of the episode. The bar would then move to some other very wrong location. Give manipulating the progress bar a try to see if that works for you.

I suspect that the progress reports from the player confused BP somehow, but I have no visibility into that; it's just my software intuition.