PDA

View Full Version : View Episode Notes leads to app crash/closure

netreamer
02-15-2017, 12:57 PM
This is not new to 4.2.18, but since I've joined the forum I can finally report this.

If I'm viewing a long (>2000 items) list of episodes as either a playlist or list of episodes (like in all feeds view) and I three-dot menu and select show episode notes the Beyondpod app simply disappears (as in closes). I can easily restart it, but this will happen every time. I'm not exactly what the episode count cutoff is, but it's not a problem with hundreds of episodes, but it is with thousands. If a more specific count is needed, let me know and I can do more experimentation.

If you would like a copy of my backup so you can restore it and quickly have a device with thousands of episodes, let me know.

-David

juwlz
02-16-2017, 02:33 AM
Hi

I certainly can't reproduce it with a list of 375 episodes, which is a number that I would consider to be abnormally high for a podcast app. (I have a bunch of stuff for testing.)

In general, podcast apps are designed to deal with very ephemeral stuff - play once and delete, and maybe keep the odd favourite. I assume that you're not using BeyondPod this way to be able to accumulate 2000 episodes.

I'm afraid that this is highly unlikely to get any attention from the developers.

Julie

netreamer
02-16-2017, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the reply Julie and I totally understand. I've lived with it for a long time and even found a workaround once I realized it worked fine if I use the feature when looking at a shorter list.

My long episode list is the result of using BeyondPod for many years (absolutely one of my favorite apps - I've been a user since Windows CE days) and being subscribed to far more content than I can keep up with. I've had to archive/move off much of the downloaded episode due to space limitations with some crazy thought I'll listen to this old content "someday." That downloaded files are gone, but the episode item remains and I'm pretty sure works fine when I move the downloaded files back into place.

I consider the issue closed.

-David