PDA

View Full Version : Android Wear 2

Canucks4Stanley
05-13-2017, 01:57 PM
The notification that shows after upgrading to 2 does not control the app on the phone. The pause/play button toggles and I can press the forward and back "buttons" but no effect. Huawei watch. OnePlus 3T. Android wear version 2.0.0. Google Play Services 10.2.98. Beyondpod version 4.2.18.

KimW
05-15-2017, 04:10 PM
I will need to look into this for you. I will get back with you as soon as I can! I wanted to let you know so you know we saw your message.

DrQuincy
07-06-2017, 05:02 PM
FWIW, I am also running Android Wear 2 with a OnePlus 3 - I have no issues...
Wear 2.0.0.159006699
Android 7.1.1

wally44
04-17-2018, 11:02 AM
I have the same problem on my Huawei Watch 2 and Beyond Pod. I'm running version 4.2.30, and Android 8.0.0 on my Samsung s8+ and Wear OS 1.0 (Android OS 8.0.0, patch level March 1, 2018) on the Huawei 2. I notice that support for Wear OS is dropped on the latest beta, but this still shows up on my watch and I can't play anything. It keeps popping up on my watch even when not playing anything on BeyondPod unless I do a force stop on BeyondPod. Quite irritating. There must be some way to stop this.

SallyC
04-19-2018, 08:43 AM
I am having a problem where starting BeyondPod opens the control toggles on my Moto 360 gen 2 watch, but when I am done listening, half the time the toggles don't close out on my watch like they used to. I have to manually swipe the controls away on the watch face. Even if I've stopped the podcast and backed out of BP on my phone (S6 Edge+).

It doesn't happen every time and, unfortunately, I can't report any specific pattern. But it happens about half the time and it didn't before the update.

wear os 2.10; android os 7.1.1; bp ver 4.2.30

KimW
04-19-2018, 10:00 AM
Hello,

It has been suggested to make sure "Enable Headset Button" is unchecked in the Headset Button Actions menu under Player Settings. Also see if “Keep 'Paused' Notification” in Player Settings is unchecked.

This has fixed the notification issue on the Wear Watches being stuck.

SallyC
04-19-2018, 10:46 AM
Thanks, Kim. I can't uncheck the Headset button as I do use a headset and want to control BP with the buttons.

I did try unchecking the Keep Paused setting and thought that solved the problem: when I stopped BP and backed out, the control disappeared from my watch. But, suddenly, the controls reappeared - even though I hadn't even touched my phone or opened BP. I thought it was a fluke so I opened BP and closed it out again. Again, the control disappeared from my watch, but then reappeared shortly. Weird!

KimW
04-19-2018, 11:36 AM
Thanks, Kim. I can't uncheck the Headset button as I do use a headset and want to control BP with the buttons.

I did try unchecking the Keep Paused setting and thought that solved the problem: when I stopped BP and backed out, the control disappeared from my watch. But, suddenly, the controls reappeared - even though I hadn't even touched my phone or opened BP. I thought it was a fluke so I opened BP and closed it out again. Again, the control disappeared from my watch, but then reappeared shortly. Weird!

You may still want to try unchecking the Enable Headset Button option because it seems that even unchecking this option does not actually disable the headset button. This is another thing we are looking into but it seems to be a good workaround in the meantime.

SallyC
04-19-2018, 12:11 PM
Gold star for you, Kim! I unchecked the Headset option and my headset still works. More importantly, when I pause the podcast, the wear control goes away and hasn't reappeared! Thank you!!!

phalkon30
04-27-2018, 09:54 AM
You may still want to try unchecking the Enable Headset Button option because it seems that even unchecking this option does not actually disable the headset button. This is another thing we are looking into but it seems to be a good workaround in the meantime.

To add to this, I was having issues with media info (track, name, etc) not showing on the head unit of my car through bluetooth. I disabled the headset control option and now I can see the media info again!

My bluetooth controls still work through the car...so not sure what this setting is intended for but it appears to be causing issues with Android Auto, Bluetooth, and WearOS unless unchecked.