PDA

View Full Version : Technology cat is empty, network error toast are visible to the user

testingcatalog
07-18-2017, 07:33 AM
Hi, I just published Beyond Podcast Manager beta on the TestingCatalog https://www.testingcatalog.com/project/539

Here is some feedback

This is a very good podcast player. I am personally not a podcast listener, but I enjoyed this app a lot. It follows Material Design, it has tonnes of different settings and it is very stable. I didn't manage to find any bugs there as easy as in many other apps, but when positive testing doesn't work - negative testing comes out.

Before that, I also found that Technology section is empty.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android 6.0.1
Steps: Open drawer > press Add Category > see categories tab > scroll down > open Technology category
Expected: I would expect to see android related podcasts there. It looks like a problem with data or data mapping.
Actual: Category is empty.

One of the ways do negative testing is to switch the internet off.
Description: User can see debugging exceptions in the toast messages about network issues
Priority: Low
Steps: Open drawer > press Add Category > see categories tab > open any category > open any podcast > switch internet off
Expected: the user should see "device offline" pop-up.
Actual: user can see a toast with an error message.
This a very little tiny issue but I must say that it is a very good sign that those exceptions are handled even in a way as it done right now.

Cheers!

Dennis Rockwell
07-18-2017, 08:58 AM
Why do you expect BeyondPod to find podcasts for you? I generally find that topics found "for me" by various apps are either commercial bloatware or not at all to my taste, and weeding out and disabling the vendor's apps and clickbait "news feeds" is a pain and a waste of time.

BeyondPod has a very good search facility to help you find podcasts you may want to subscribe to.

testingcatalog
07-18-2017, 11:30 AM
Why do you expect BeyondPod to find podcasts for you? I generally find that topics found "for me" by various apps are either commercial bloatware or not at all to my taste, and weeding out and disabling the vendor's apps and clickbait "news feeds" is a pain and a waste of time.

BeyondPod has a very good search facility to help you find podcasts you may want to subscribe to.

I don't expect that, however, it is confusing when of the categories is empty while others are filled.
This is definitely a low priority issue which supposes to save 3-5 seconds for the user.