PDA

View Full Version : 4.2.19 - can't hide played podcasts in left menu.

David_D
11-23-2017, 01:13 PM
Among the other issues of 4.2.19 -- lost playlist, garish colors, etc.
On the left-hand menu, you used to be able to select between seeing all podcasts, or just podcasts with unplayed episodes.

The button or menu to do that seems to have disappeared, leaving me with a huge list of podcasts and no way to filter to only the podcasts with new episodes.

This has not been a good release.

RincewindTVD
11-23-2017, 05:20 PM
On the left-hand menu, you used to be able to select between seeing all podcasts, or just podcasts with unplayed episodes.

The button or menu to do that seems to have disappeared, leaving me with a huge list of podcasts and no way to filter to only the podcasts with new episodes.

Same here.

I uninstalled beyondpod and reinstalled 4.2.18. I've got the player widget back, but the button to swap between all/unplayed is still missing.
I hope I don't have to wipe my whole settings on beyondpod.

KimW
11-27-2017, 02:45 PM
Hello,
What version of Android are you using and what device? Thank you.

WyerByter
11-27-2017, 09:57 PM
I'm not seeing it on Kindle Fire and Samsung Galaxy S6. Fire OS 5.6. Android 7.0. BeyondPod was installed via Google Play Services on both devices.

RincewindTVD
11-27-2017, 10:02 PM
Hello,
What version of Android are you using and what device? Thank you.

Nexus 6p running 8.0 Nov 5 2017 update.

You really broke some stuff huh? :D

I should have made a backup before updating the beta :p

KimW
11-28-2017, 09:06 AM
Nexus 6p running 8.0 Nov 5 2017 update.

You really broke some stuff huh? :D

I should have made a backup before updating the beta :p

Thank you for that information. You should always make a backup before updating to a new BETA version.

colonelheero
11-28-2017, 11:51 AM
My Xperia XZ running 7.1.1 also had the same issue for the short time I was on BP 4.2.19

colonelheero
11-28-2017, 12:00 PM
You should always make a backup before updating to a new BETA version.

Which is not realistic if auto-update is turned on (Lesson learned - disable auto-update for any BETA apps)

Perhaps BP can look into adding an auto backup feature. Take a daily backup and refresh it daily (so we don't end up with hundreds of backups). But when a new version is installed, create a new backup file instead of refreshing the existing one. It should be easily doable if the auto-backup file name include the version number instead of date

David_D
11-29-2017, 01:16 AM
I am on 8.0.0, Nexus 5x.

svrist
12-03-2017, 12:47 PM

Same here. Really missing that button (moto z, android 7.1.1)