PDA

View Full Version : 4.2.19 - SmartPlay button added to home screen does not play the correct playlist

Marc
12-10-2017, 07:32 PM
I have a number of SmartPlay playlists, and I previously (before 4.2.19) added a button for each of them to my home screen. However, no matter which home screen SmartPlay button I press, it always plays whichever SmartPlay playlist is marked as "Default" in the BeyondPod app. If I change the default SmartPlay playlist, all of my home screen buttons will begin playing that playlist instead. Each SmartPlay home screen button is meant to play the specific playlist that the button is for. This used to work correctly before 4.2.19.

On a related note, how do I add a new SmartPlay home screen button? I thought I remember there being a button called "Add to Home Screen" in the menu options for SmartPlay playlists. However, I do not see this button. The only menu options I have for SmartPlay playlists is "Update Feeds", "Edit", "Delete", and "Set as Default". Am I forgetting how you add a SmartPlay playlist to the home screen? Or is this another thing that is broken in the latest version?

phalkon30
12-12-2017, 07:35 AM
I'm on the previous version and don't see the home screen shortcut option in those menus. Sounds like a neat feature, but I can't find it either :)

Marc
12-13-2017, 02:18 AM
I'm on the previous version and don't see the home screen shortcut option in those menus. Sounds like a neat feature, but I can't find it either :)

I just installed 4.2.18 on my second device and confirmed that the "Add to Home Screen" button is present. In 4.2.18, the menu options for SmartPlay playlists are "Update Feeds", "Edit", "Delete", and "Add to Home Screen". In 4.2.19 there is a new "Set as Default" option, and the "Add to Home Screen" option is missing.

phalkon30
12-13-2017, 08:55 AM
I just installed 4.2.18 on my second device and confirmed that the "Add to Home Screen" button is present. In 4.2.18, the menu options for SmartPlay playlists are "Update Feeds", "Edit", "Delete", and "Add to Home Screen". In 4.2.19 there is a new "Set as Default" option, and the "Add to Home Screen" option is missing.

Interesting, I'm on 4.2.18 on android 8.1, when I click the 3 dot menu next to one of my smart playlists I get "Update Feeds" "Edit" and "Delete". What version android are you on?

Marc
12-14-2017, 02:18 AM
Oh interesting. I'm on Android 8.0. My second device, which I do see the "Add to Home Screen" button on, is Android 6.0.1.

On my device which is running Android 8.0, I added the home screen buttons in the past when it was running version Android 7, and have never tried using the "Add to Home Screen" button since upgrading to 8.0 a month or so ago. Maybe the bug is that the button is missing in Android 8.0+, unrelated to the version of BeyondPod?

phalkon30
12-14-2017, 08:51 AM
Hmm, I'll have to check my 7.1.2 device when I get home. I wonder if it's a feature that changed in android, and BP was never updated to support the new API or something.