PDA

View Full Version : 4.2.33 Issues with update

Fria
07-12-2018, 09:09 AM
Having issues with automatic update. Checked my settings carefully and I am set for hourly updates, allow mobile data and unchecked wi-fi only. Despite this, I will go hours without a update. Strangely, when I am on wi-fi, sometimes it will update at the set interval for a time or two, then start skipping them. I have not seen it update on mobile data, yet. No problems with manual updating. Pixel 2 XL on Oreo 8.1.0.

KimW
07-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Having issues with automatic update. Checked my settings carefully and I am set for hourly updates, allow mobile data and unchecked wi-fi only. Despite this, I will go hours without a update. Strangely, when I am on wi-fi, sometimes it will update at the set interval for a time or two, then start skipping them. I have not seen it update on mobile data, yet. No problems with manual updating. Pixel 2 XL on Oreo 8.1.0.

Hello,

A private message has been sent to you requesting your logs.

zdiggler
07-12-2018, 11:57 PM
I have not been be able to install any of the BETA on my Android 7 for a long time due to SD card permissions issues. Keep telling me to delete and reinstall fresh but still doesn't work after I tell it to down load to SD card.

I have to reinstall everything on my phone today and even thought SD card have nothing on it it said gave me warning for over write. and still can't get around the SD card permission issues.

I may have found the fix. When it say try clean reinstall. open your file manager and delete data files form SD card and Internal. Back to BP beta and grant permission.. Exit and restart, now it work.

If you exit and delete the dir it doesn't work.

Fria
07-30-2018, 01:08 PM
Still having the same issue with 4.2.34. Sometimes auto updates on home wifi, but never on work wifi or mobile. When I manually update, there is no problem.

KimW
08-01-2018, 01:46 PM
Still having the same issue with 4.2.34. Sometimes auto updates on home wifi, but never on work wifi or mobile. When I manually update, there is no problem.

Hello,

What are your settings (what is checked/unchecked) in your update settings?

Fria
08-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Same as I state above with 4.2.33. Hourly updates, allow mobile and unchecked only on wifi. It will work fine for several hours, then stop updating. If I leave my home wifi network, it never updates either on mobile or on wifi at work. The wifi at work is my personal router attached to a cable internet that I control, so no walls or funny protocols. No matter what the instance, if I manually update it, it will do so without issue, then go back to missing auto updates. Tried taking the app out of "Optimized", but I see no difference either way. I sent you my logs before, so I assume sending them again would serve no value.

Fria
08-06-2018, 08:50 AM
Also on 4.2.34, I've recently had a couple incidents when the download notification would stick after a scheduled auto update. Very infrequent, though. It clears when I manually update.

KimW
08-08-2018, 10:29 AM
Also on 4.2.34, I've recently had a couple incidents when the download notification would stick after a scheduled auto update. Very infrequent, though. It clears when I manually update.

Development has already been actively working to fix the stuck notification issue but we will also continue to see if we can figure out why you have issue auto-updating. If developers need more information from you, I will contact you.

Fria
08-08-2018, 03:05 PM
One more update for you. I've recently upgraded to Android Pie on the Pixel 2 and the same issues persist.

lyric911
08-16-2018, 09:01 AM
I didn't see this thread when I made my post, http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showthread.php?4767-BP-4-2-34-scheduled-feed-updates-sporadic-Android-9-Pie.

Looks like basically the same issue. My settings are:

All feeds
Update on schedule: Checked
Start at 7:15 AM
Repeat every 5 hours

lyric911
08-17-2018, 10:34 AM
4.2.35 installed yesterday, and my automatic updates seem to have worked, but BP is being killed often during playback now. If I pause for more than 10-15 seconds, the notification goes away. :(

phalkon30
08-17-2018, 11:50 AM
I saw in another thread Kim mentioned removing BP from the battery optimization feature in Pie (what an awful generic name google..). I think that makes sense, Android is getting more aggressive at killing background tasks to save battery.

Try that (if you can find it) until they can put a fix into the app

lyric911
08-17-2018, 12:17 PM
I saw in another thread Kim mentioned removing BP from the battery optimization feature in Pie (what an awful generic name google..). I think that makes sense, Android is getting more aggressive at killing background tasks to save battery.

Try that (if you can find it) until they can put a fix into the app

I think this was my issue. I had previously excluded BP from Android Battery Optimization, but something seems to have set it back to optimize. Fixed, thank you!

Fria
08-17-2018, 05:31 PM
I tried taking BP out of battery optimization and found no decernable difference. Tried the latest release (4.2.35) and at first it kept up with the hourly updates, but after about 12 hours it began missing again and thereafter. Worse, the display not going to sleep issue is back. I wouldn't be surprised if either the Pixel 2 or the nature of the latest release of Android has something to do with it, but these issues seem to be stumping the developers. Neither the stable version or any of the betas are working, at least for me.

yobrevar
08-22-2018, 07:59 AM
I've still issues with updates post 4.2.18
The major issue I have is with Bluetooth.
It doesn't appear to display the tracks on my car headunit properly.
Also my smartwatch (Garmin Fenix 5x) not only can't see the podcast details, but can no longer control BP's functions like it can with 4.2.18
I've had to downgrade to 18 to get all these functions back.

Samsung galaxy s7 edge - Samsung experience 9 upgrade with Oreo.

Garmin Fenix 5x - update 10.0

Pioneer AVHX-8500BT

KimW
08-22-2018, 08:31 AM
Also my smartwatch (Garmin Fenix 5x) not only can't see the podcast details, but can no longer control BP's functions like it can with 4.2.18

Pioneer AVHX-8500BT

Support for Wear watches was dropped with BP v4.2.25. For the bluetooth, what do you mean specifically by tracks don't appear properly? Can you give more details please? Do you have the advanced setting "Publish Current Episode" checked? Thank you.

phalkon30
08-22-2018, 09:57 AM

Pioneer AVHX-8500BT

I had an issue with tracks not displaying correctly on bluetooth, but I can't remember how to fix it. In Settings>Player Settings>Headset Button Actions do you have the top option disabled? (Enable Headset Button). Ignore what it says...try disabling that. You won't lose any functionality. I think that's what I did to fix mine, and may fix your watch issue as well.

Does your Garmin actually run WearOS?