PDA

View Full Version : Auto speed change

xcom923
08-11-2012, 06:34 AM
I'm very new to BP (haven't even spent 48hrs with it yet). I'm loving it for it's external connections to tasker (I was using doggcatcher before so I already had a setup that I was easily able to port to BP). Anyway, enough gushing. For some reason every time I hit play my podcasts play at 2x, this happens if I go through the app or tasker. Now I can do a command after play in tasker to change it to what I want (in this case 1.5x) but I was wondering. Is there a default speed that the podcasts will play? is there a way to change this default speed?

juwlz
08-11-2012, 07:09 AM
Hi, and welcome.

You can set the available playback speeds at Menu | Settings | Player Settings | Player Plug-in Settings | Playback Speed 1 and Playback Speed 2.

You can set the default speed on a per-Feed basis in Feed Settings | More Settings | Preferred Playback Speed.

NB: Due to some issues sometimes caused by using Presto which are beyond BeyondPod's control, there is also an option to not use Presto at all for playback unless the default playback speed for the feed has been set to something other than x1 (i.e. if you're playing at normal speed, don't use Presto at all, instead of using Presto to play at x1). This settings is at Menu | Settings | Player Settings | Player Plug-in Settings | Use only if Configured.

HTH
Julie

xcom923
08-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the info. It was the feed setting. I was messing around with all the settings and I forgot where that one was.

hbradlow
08-18-2012, 12:20 AM
One of the main features I appreciate from BeyondPod is the ability to speed up certain podcasts. Recently I have found that Presto now causes all sorts of unpredictable behaviour and makes BeyondPod unusable if Presto is turned on - audio stops working even though the podcast is playing, BeyondPod is not responsive to key presses (e.g. skip ahead, play/pause). Is there any other Plug-in available to use with BeyondPod to speed up playback?
I am using BeyondPod on a Galaxy SIII running ICS.

juwlz
08-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Unfortunately, Presto is currently the only available option for speeding up playback.

As previously mentioned, what you can do, to confine the annoyances to just those feeds that really benefit from the speed-up, is to set BeyondPod to only use Presto for those feeds whose default speed is not x1.

To do this, use Menu | More | Settings | Player Settings | Player Plug-in Settings and tick Use only if Configured.

Julie