PDA

View Full Version : Virtual feed from SD card

yehoni
02-07-2013, 08:38 PM
I'm not sure this is possible under the current implementation, but is there any chance for cross device syncing of virtual feeds from SD card folders? I rely on BeyondPod for my audio books in addition to podcasts, so this would be an amazing bonus.

Thanks.

juwlz
02-08-2013, 07:38 AM
I haven't tried it (but I will), but as long as the same Virtual Feed exists on both (all) synced devices (and crucially, BP can tell that they're the same feed) I don't see any reason why it couldn't work.

But I may be wrong.

Julie

yehoni
02-10-2013, 02:53 PM
If it helps at all, I'm trying to sync between the phone and tablet versions. Also, the feed was created on the phone, then settings were exported to the tablet, so the feeds should be about as identical as possible. I can tell you play position definitely isn't changing as I go. I'll let you know if it deletes played episodes on completion.

yehoni
02-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Ok, and definitely not deleting either.

StefanK
02-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Currently we explicitly ignore virtual feeds when syncing. The main reason is that with all permutations of storage locations across devices it is very difficult to find a correct match between episode on on device and episode on another (as their paths can be very different). We are working on a possible solution that would allow at least syncing of played positions and episode deletions of virtual feeds but it I am not sure yet when it will be ready to be included in the beta.

Stefan

yehoni
02-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Thanks. I figured virtual feeds would be a bit more complicated. Personally, I have a pair of Nexus devices, so the paths are identical (/mnt/sdcard/Audio Books). I didn't realize it differed so much on other devices, but I'd love to see this enabled for cases where the paths are identical, at least.

yehoni
02-12-2013, 01:04 PM
I just noticed something interesting. Virtual feeds are being synced for one thing. It's syncing just the names of the files in the feeds. The result is that if a file exists only on the phone, it ends up listed on the tablet as an available episode to stream. And since deletions aren't being synced, it doesn't go away if I delete the episode from the phone.