PDA

View Full Version : offer support on PC to resume

tech_engineer
02-08-2013, 10:19 AM
It is great to see that you are implementing such a great feature, but I mostly listen to podcasts between my Android device and my PC, and I would love to see my PC resume were the Android stopped....

Will you be offering a simple client, or library/API for developers to be able to access the Sync data of BeyondPod?

juwlz
02-20-2013, 03:41 AM
We do plan to offer an API, but of course we need to make sure that the sync mechanism is stable first.

juwlz
03-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Alternatively, you could try installing BeyondPod under BlueStacks (http://www.bluestacks.com/) on your PC ;-).

TinCanFury
03-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Alternatively, you could try installing BeyondPod under BlueStacks (http://www.bluestacks.com/) on your PC ;-).

now that device syncing is an option, I've chosen this path. Also because I can't find any podcast apps for Windows that are worth using after being spoiled by BeyondPod...

xdalaw
03-24-2013, 02:22 PM
I just tried BlueStacks on my PC, but I don't think it's a solution I would use. Way too cumbersome and too many steps to set up and configure just to play my feeds. (And, had trouble trying to establish the proper cross-device syncing setup.)

Too bad, as I'm so excited about how great the cross-device syncing is between my phone and tablets, that I hate not being able to do it in my browser.

juwlz
03-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Other solutions may (or may not) become available from third parties as part of the search to find an alternative to Google Reader for web-based feed management.

Julie

anton
06-06-2013, 09:34 AM
I just tried BlueStacks on my PC, but I don't think it's a solution I would use.
I've used it recently, but haven't found it as a suitable solution. It's definitely not my choice.

acpracht
10-23-2013, 02:08 PM
I've used it recently, but haven't found it as a suitable solution. It's definitely not my choice.

I'm curious what precisely you found unsuitable about BlueStacks. I'll admit I'm still working to get EpisodeSync to work, but otherwise it seems to do a fine job, and importing my BP backup file proved relatively simple.

TinCanFury
10-23-2013, 02:18 PM
I too stepped away from BlueStacks. my issues that led me to just use my tablet or phone,
-lack of touchscreen support on a PC makes the interface slightly combersome.
-lack of support for the Tablet version of BeyondPod. The Tablet interface is superior IMNSHO (given the screen real estate exists)
-lack of "quick button" support. A native app allows me to use the play/pause/skip buttons on my keyboard regardless of which app I was currently using, with BlueStacks I would have to switch apps then click on the button.

In the end these, and the relative unfriendlyness of BlueStacks in general led me to abandon it in favor of just using my tablet and phone.

I'd love a 'native' PC podcast app that synced with BeyondPod still, but I've happily been using my android devices since shortly after my last posting.

acpracht
10-23-2013, 02:47 PM
I too stepped away from BlueStacks. my issues that led me to just use my tablet or phone,
-lack of touchscreen support on a PC makes the interface slightly combersome.
-lack of support for the Tablet version of BeyondPod. The Tablet interface is superior IMNSHO (given the screen real estate exists)
-lack of "quick button" support. A native app allows me to use the play/pause/skip buttons on my keyboard regardless of which app I was currently using, with BlueStacks I would have to switch apps then click on the button.

In the end these, and the relative unfriendlyness of BlueStacks in general led me to abandon it in favor of just using my tablet and phone.

I'd love a 'native' PC podcast app that synced with BeyondPod still, but I've happily been using my android devices since shortly after my last posting.

A native app would be better, yes, but given my lack of funds for an actual tablet, BlueStacks proved an amazing work-around.

Not sure why the lack of touchscreen support is bothersome, at least on BeyondBod - just point and click rather than point and touch. Only time when I've had issues is when a program relies on multitouch. (ByeBye Osmos HD on PC).

Lack of a tablet version is too bad, but I honestly hadn't noticed until you said something. Guess that makes sense, now that I see BlueStacks is actually emulating a Phablet.

Quick button support would be nice, but I honestly don't even use them on regular PC programs. I kind of forget they're there.

For me, biggest issue with BlueStacks has been crashing, but I half expected that with a Beta program.
Oh, and that when I remote into the PC using PocketCloud from the iPad, it doesn't work (this is, by the way, consistent with my earlier statement about lack of funds. The iPad is work-issued).

So, OK... I can see why, if those are important factors to you, BlueStacks wouldn't... ahem... stack up (pun highly intended).

But for me - awesomeness.