Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nook people, come in

Thanks, all, for the input. I did go ahead and try the Kindle Fire. I have 30 days to return, so I'm using the heck out of it to see if I'll miss things like bluetooth and external keyboard support. It does a lot with no hacking or rooting. I'm not afraid of rooting, but I'm lazy :-) I'll check out a more sophisticated tablet if I find over the next few weeks that I really want to take Amazon's training wheels off.

BP performs beautifully. I was so impressed by how simple it was to back up my feeds and unplayed episodes from the Bionic and transfer them to the Fire. I was even more impressed by my smart play list and other settings following me there as well. I had to reset the "delete episode and play next" after playing option, and that was about it. Well done!! I had to buy another unlock key because mine is in the Google Play market, but considering the quality of the app and the level of support, I really don't care. I've easily gotten $14 worth of utility from BP.

BeyondPod Team
    Veganlady,

Thanks for the feedback (and support).
    Kindle is the device I end up using BeyondPod quite often as it is provides a nice combination of relatively good speakers for listening to podcasts and the screen is large enough for reading (but not too big so it can still be held in one hand).

Stefan

Are you folks using the stock software on it?
    Owner - http://www.soulhamsters.com - Your home for R&D, parts specials, and community fun with fellow Kia Soul owners.
    Look me up on Xbox Live - TEH RED ZMAN

BeyondPod Team
    I use the stock ROM (as I need it for test) - it is a bit odd with Amazon customization, but stable and fast.

I haven't really looked into it much, because of the lack of GPS, but was curious for members of my site.

Unfortunately they all also want a GPS. LOL

Can you run an alternate launcher easily?
    Owner - http://www.soulhamsters.com - Your home for R&D, parts specials, and community fun with fellow Kia Soul owners.
    Look me up on Xbox Live - TEH RED ZMAN