Thread: lock screen controls

lock screen controls

Using 4.2.2 on Galaxy Note 2, my Lockscreen controls always appear, whether Settings/ General/ Lockscreen is checked or unchecked. Using bp 3.1.12

Suggestions?

Is this the general Android lockscreen media widget (big image, only three controls) or the BP lockscreen widget (small image, four controls)?

They come from different sources, and are controlled (or not) independently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Rockwell View Post
    Is this the general Android lockscreen media widget (big image, only three controls) or the BP lockscreen widget (small image, four controls)?

They come from different sources, and are controlled (or not) independently.
    Three controls screen, back, pause/start, forward

BeyondPod Team
    Settings | General | Lock-Screen controls ONLY applies to Android version 2.x (i.e. Froyo), not 2.x and above. For most users these days it will have no effect whatsoever.

What you're seeing appears to be the generic Android Lock Screen controls, which are displayed automatically if any music player is active when the phone is locked. You can control what the buttons actually do using the Headset Button Actions in the Player Settings, but you can't (AFAIK) disable them.

Julie

Right, that's the Android controls; BP doesn't control that. My tablet (CM10.1) doesn't have any Setting that I can find to turn it off.

... and it isn't always there when you want it, either.

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Settings | General | Lock-Screen controls ONLY applies to Android version 2.x (i.e. Froyo), not 2.x and above. For most users these days it will have no effect whatsoever.

What you're seeing appears to be the generic Android Lock Screen controls, which are displayed automatically if any music player is active when the phone is locked. You can control what the buttons actually do using the Headset Button Actions in the Player Settings, but you can't (AFAIK) disable them.

Julie
    Thanx Julie,
    I guess if I could read I would have noticed the Settings control for lock screen says that. I'll adjust what buttons do.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcwethy View Post
    I guess if I could read I would have noticed the Settings control for lock screen says that. I'll adjust what buttons do.
    You're not the first to miss it (or misread it), and I'm sure you won't be the last . In general, most of us tend to be conditioned to assume that "Version X" means "Version X and above".

Julie