Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Moving BeyondPod to SD Card

  1. #41
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Posts
    4,169
    Quote Originally Posted by bgreenm View Post
    From the article on androidpolice, it seems BP should still have full read/write access to <external card>/Android/mobi.beyondpod. Do you see any problems with using the Advanced Menu to specify a folder under there to use?
    The current BeyondPod beta will offer that path without the user having to explicitly know and specify it, if the legacy BeyondPod folder on the card is not Write-enabled.

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2
    I have an LG Optimus and have tried to follow the instructions about changing the download location to my external sd card. But it just keeps re-creating a BeyondPod folder on my internal memory. The really weird thing though is in regards to the mention of Advanced Settings. I have no Advanced Settings show in the menu of BeyondPod. I go to Menu > More > Settings > Menu and look for Advanced Settings and it is not there.

    My phone is an LG Optimus F3 (Virgin Mobile), I have Android version 4.1.2 and I am using BeyondPod version 3.1.39.

  3. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by eclecticd View Post
    I have an LG Optimus and have tried to follow the instructions about changing the download location to my external sd card. But it just keeps re-creating a BeyondPod folder on my internal memory. The really weird thing though is in regards to the mention of Advanced Settings. I have no Advanced Settings show in the menu of BeyondPod. I go to Menu > More > Settings > Menu and look for Advanced Settings and it is not there.

    My phone is an LG Optimus F3 (Virgin Mobile), I have Android version 4.1.2 and I am using BeyondPod version 3.1.39.
    Hi EclecticD

    The process is (BeyondPod) -> [Menu Button] -> More -> Settings -> [Menu Button] -> Advanced Settings

    Cheers

  4. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Atron Seige View Post
    Hi EclecticD

    The process is (BeyondPod) -> [Menu Button] -> More -> Settings -> [Menu Button] -> Advanced Settings

    Cheers
    Oh...I was about to say "I know...That's what I've been doing..." but then I suddenly caught that you had written it slightly different ... the [Menu Button] rather than just "menu" and it finally clicked. Thank you! (I'm an idiot...and I mean that in the nicest possible way. ) Thanks again.

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by eclecticd View Post
    Oh...I was about to say "I know...That's what I've been doing..." but then I suddenly caught that you had written it slightly different ... the [Menu Button] rather than just "menu" and it finally clicked. Thank you! (I'm an idiot...and I mean that in the nicest possible way. ) Thanks again.
    No worries! I had my fair share of stupid moments! I am glad that you got it working.

  6. #46
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Posts
    4,169
    Quote Originally Posted by eclecticd View Post
    I have an LG Optimus and have tried to follow the instructions about changing the download location to my external sd card. But it just keeps re-creating a BeyondPod folder on my internal memory.

    My phone is an LG Optimus F3 (Virgin Mobile), I have Android version 4.1.2 and I am using BeyondPod version 3.1.39.
    @eclecticd
    You'd be far better off installing beta 3.3.68 (which should arrive in the Play Store too shortly). That version has an option to automatically move the files for you (in the General Settings) and change any settings that need to be changed.

    Julie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •