Thread: Corrupt Files in Podcast/[Sub] folders

Corrupt Files in Podcast/[Sub] folders

Good morning

I am not sure if this is an issue with my SD card, my phone/OS or maybe a bug in BeyondPod.

I download episodes via wireless while the phone is plugged in (USB to PC). If I unplug the phone during download I get an error saying that the files could not be saved to the storage location ("external" SD card). A few days later I realized I had large amounts of files with no name and no size, files with a single French character for a name, etc. in the folder. These cannot be deleted from the card by my usual means (Astro File Manager). I am currently nuking them by plugging the card into my PC.

I have run scandisk on the card and there are no bad sectors on the card.

I have not run extensive tests, I just noticed this when I was doing a backup of the PodCast folder, which is currently around 26 GB. The other folders on the card seem to be fine/clean.

Extra Info:
    Galaxy SII (GT-I9100)
    4.1.2 jzo54k.i9100xwlss
    32GB micro sd

Cheers!

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    If your phone had just been updated to KitKat (4.4.2) I'd say it was because of the changes Google/Samsung have made to the way apps have to handle files on SD cards (see Note 3 with 4.4 KitKat could not write on SD card), for which we now have a fix in beta.

However, this sounds more like SD card corruption. You may find that formatting the card will help, or it may be time for a new card. I'm guessing that you're seeing it most in the BeyondPod folder because that's the one that gets the most changes.

Julie

Hi Julie

I am still on 4.1.2, so it is not a KitKat issue.

The SD card is 3 weeks old and as I mentioned, the card checked out on ScanDisk. Is there another application that you would recommend I use to check for faults?

I will monitor the folders and see if it happens again. Maybe do something on a different folder.