Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving BeyondPod to SD Card

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    To start with, let's see where you are now: Go to General Settings. At the very bottom of the screen, what does BeyondPod say is your current storage path (Podcast Download Folder), and what other path is available?

Here, (on my SGS3, running 4.1.2,) it's reported as /mnt/extSdCard/BeyondPod/Podcasts (with /storage/sdcard0 also available). Note that all paths are case sensitive.

If you don't have an alternative location shown, use Samsung's file explorer (My Files) to check the storage paths available. Tap on All files, and see what two folders are shown. I'd expect to see extSdCard and sdcard0.

Then in the Advanced Settings, in the Podcast Storage Location near the bottom, do you have a tick in the box Lock to Current Path?
    (Menu | More... | Settings | Menu (again) | Advanced Settings)

This should also confirm the current Episode Download Path (which in my case is shown as /mnt/extSdCard).

Post that information here before we go any further.

Julie

Hi Juwlz/Julie

In the Download Folder it says "/storage/sdcard0/BeyondPod/Podcasts (/mnt/sdcard/external_sd is also available[...])"

No, the location is not locked. Note that it says "always use the current download path /storage/sdcard0"

The Download path is set to "/mtn/sdcard/external_sd".

Today I downloaded 5 GB of podcasts. They ended up in the Internal Memory. I then moved them (and all the other folders) to the External card. Now Beyond Pod wants to download the whole lot AGAIN!

I tried changing the folders in the advanced settings, but everything keeps jumping to the default settings (internal)!

Please tell me there is a solution to this. This is my favourite player and currently it is just annoying me more each day.

BeyondPod Team
    From the information you've posted, it seems that BeyondPod has got out of sync with reality - it's still trying to find the old path to the external card.

Could you run the Samsung File Manager My Files. Tap on All Files, and confirm that the storage devices it shows are
    • extSdCard (NOT external_sd)
    • sdcard0

If so, do the following:

1. In BeyondPod remove the current external path in the Advanced Settings (Menu | More... | Settings | Menu (again) | Advanced Settings | Episode Download Path). Delete the path currently stored (i.e. select the text and delete it)
    2. Use the Menu option to completely exit BeyondPod (Menu | More... | Exit BeyondPod). This bit it important. It may well be that this step was skipped in the past, causing the current mis-match between the real path to the SD card, and the one that Samsung used to use.
    3. Using any file manager, move the BeyondPod folder from sdcard0 to extSdCard.
    4. Make absolutely certain that the folder /mnt/sdcard0/BeyondPod does not exist.
    5. Start BeyondPod. Confirm that it now reports the download path as /mnt/extSdCard/BeyondPod/Podcasts in the General Settings

HTH
    Julie

Hi Julie

I can confirm that the devices shown are exactly the same as on your screenshot.

I have followed your steps exactly as written, but the Download Location is still "/storage/sdcard0/BeyondPod/Podcasts/"

Thank you

BeyondPod Team
    In that case, try the following:

1. In BeyondPod edit the current external path in the Advanced Settings (Menu | More... | Settings | Menu (again) | Advanced Settings | Episode Download Path). Manually change the path to /mnt/extSdCard (important: this is case-sensitive)
    2. Tick the box labelled Lock to Current Path immediately below it.
    3. Use the Menu option to completely exit BeyondPod (Menu | More... | Exit BeyondPod). This bit it important.
    4. Using any file manager, move the BeyondPod folder from sdcard0 to extSdCard.
    5. Make absolutely certain that the folder /mnt/sdcard0/BeyondPod does not exist.
    6. Make sure that no other folder called BeyondPod exists anywhere on built-in or external storage.
    7. Start BeyondPod. Confirm that it now reports the download path as /mnt/extSdCard/BeyondPod/Podcasts in the General Settings (again, this is case-sensitive).

Changed / additional steps from last time are red, but it's important to complete them all, not just the bits that have changed.
    Julie

In some versions (in my case, 3.10.39) "Exit" is only available by long-pressing the release number in "About BeyondPod".

Not relevant to this case, since you're talking about phones, but others may find this thread by searching.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Rockwell View Post
    In some versions (in my case, 3.10.39) "Exit" is only available by long-pressing the release number in "About BeyondPod".
    Currently the phone version (3.1.xx) has a different method from the tablet version (3.10.xx)
    So you're right, for the tablet version you need to use that method to exit.

Julie

Thank you, worked great on the phone. Haven't tried it on the Tab yet.

Good Day Julie

I followed the steps as directed.

Under "General settings/Podcast Download Folder" it still says "/storage/sdcard0/BeyondPod/Podcasts(/mnt/extSdCard is also available as an alternative location)".

Under Advanced Settings the Episonde Download Path says "/mnt/extSdCard". Lock to current path is ticked, but it shows "/storage/sdcard0".

I have tested and it still downloads to the built-in storage space.

I am going to do one more super drastic step now. I am going to format my phone, reinstall everything and hopefully I will then have a working Beyond Pod.

I hope that this bug gets found soon. I can only assume that I am not the only one with this major annoyance.