Thread: Idea: setting to allow played at say 95%

Idea: setting to allow played at say 95%

Sometimes I delete played, only for items to remain because they have a minute of credits which I didn't listen to. It would be good to have a setting, maybe as a percentage so deleting played items could include items which have been 95% played.

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    Sometimes I delete played, only for items to remain because they have a minute of credits which I didn't listen to. It would be good to have a setting, maybe as a percentage so deleting played items could include items which have been 95% played.
    I appreciate the issue, but I'm not sure that would be a good solution. What I do is just touch the next episode button to skip things like ending credits, which marks the episode as fully played.
    Hope that helps,
    John
    [Nexus 5 running Lollipop 5.1 on T-Mobile USA]

Fair enough

Another way.

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post

This might be more clicks, but from the "All feeds" screen, I long press and then "Toggle Played" to help along in getting rid of my already-heard episodes that are re-downloaded for some reason (usually the podcaster makes a change in their schemes).

Quote Originally Posted by JNavas View Post
    I appreciate the issue, but I'm not sure that would be a good solution. What I do is just touch the next episode button to skip things like ending credits, which marks the episode as fully played.
    My issue is that I often (or at least, not infrequently) want to play an episode later, just not now. So I have the next episode button set to just start playing the next episode without deleting the current one (actually, I have the next button on the Bluetooth headset to skip to next, with the button in the main interface set to skip to end, with autodelete). But if I'm "close enough" to the end (probably needs to be settable by feed, either based on percent or absolute time left), then I've already listened to everything important, so it should be automatically deleted.