Thread: Compressor to level podcast volumes

Compressor to level podcast volumes

I would like to see a compressor added to the player settings, to level out the podcast volumes, so that I don't have to keep adjusting the volume. The is especially a problem with poorly recorded programs, but would be helpful for all podcasts, including music. Also, an EQ would be a nice feature. And if you really go crazy with features, add individual EQing for each ear depending on the Bluetooth headphones being used. This is a feature of the Samsung galaxy s4 but only for plugged in headphones (not Bluetooth) and only for phone calls. My wish is for it to be included for Bluetooth for podcasts. I would pay $10 for such an app.

There has been discussion here about setting up a volume bias on a per-feed basis, which might do some of what you want.

I looked at a few of the available equalizers (googled for "android equalizer") but none of them appear to support the volume compression that you're looking for; a quick look at the Android equalizer API implies that it doesn't support it either (volume slider per frequency range), which would require BP to implement it directly, which will (I suspect) move such a feature down the list.

Perhaps the Galaxy S4 has different equalizer hardware and framework classes.

It has also been suggested that BP add an equalizer to its output, which might make for a convenient implementation for any or all of the above.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Rockwell View Post
    There has been discussion here about setting up a volume bias on a per-feed basis, which might do some of what you want.
    It's this thread.