Thread: Import Audio Files (Consolidate BP player for all listening)

Lightbulb Import Audio Files (Consolidate BP player for all listening)

It would be nice if there was an option to import folders of audio files eg. music or audiobooks so that the BP player isn't limited to only being used to play podcasts that have a feed URL. I prefer the BP player over other options and comparable players (stock or play store apps) still require me to have to use 2 players instead of just one.

Even if it would require manual organization of the files within the BeyondPod folder to make it work nicely... that would be no problem.

Thanks!

BeyondPod Team
    Welcome to the forum.

I think what you're looking for is 'virtual feeds' See help on the device or on the web here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonian View Post
    It would be nice if there was an option to import folders of audio files eg. music or audiobooks so that the BP player isn't limited to only being used to play podcasts that have a feed URL. I prefer the BP player over other options and comparable players (stock or play store apps) still require me to have to use 2 players instead of just one.

Even if it would require manual organization of the files within the BeyondPod folder to make it work nicely... that would be no problem.

Thanks!

Thanks Tim, that's what I was looking for!

But I am now having an issue with the app freezing and having to be restarted if I try to "edit feed" on any of these newly made virtual feeds. I want to make sure the settings are setup so the song are ordered the way I'd like as well as auto-deletion deactivated, etc. But I can't even try to edit any of these feeds without the app freezing. Maybe a bug fix for the next update?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Could you give us some more details about this, as it's not a general problem with Virtual Feeds.

• What device and Android version are you using?
    • What version of BeyondPod are you using?
    • For the folders you've added as Virtual Feeds where you're getting the hang, how many items are there in the folder?
    • Are the folders you've added on built-in storage or a removable SD card? (In case it makes a difference)
    • At what point is BP hanging? (i.e. what are the exact steps that lead to the hang?)

Thanks
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Could you give us some more details about this, as it's not a general problem with Virtual Feeds.

• What device and Android version are you using?
    • What version of BeyondPod are you using?
    • For the folders you've added as Virtual Feeds where you're getting the hang, how many items are there in the folder?
    • Are the folders you've added on built-in storage or a removable SD card? (In case it makes a difference)
    • At what point is BP hanging? (i.e. what are the exact steps that lead to the hang?)

Thanks
    Julie
    Hi Julie!

- I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535)

- Running Jelly Bean 4.1.2

- Running BP Version 3.1.36

- Concerning the folders, I have 5 different feeds, 3 of which have 2 separate folders within them, and they vary in item amounts from between 11 to 33 in the separate folders up to 64 items in one of the feeds when you combine the amount of the 2 folders

- The folders are part on phone storage part on removable SD (could this be the culprit of the problem?)

- BP hangs the very moment I press the "edit feed" button after bring up the long press options menu for the feed.

Thanks for your help!

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Does it hang when you try to edit every one of those feeds, or just some of them? I have an international S3, also on 4.1.2, and a number of virtual feeds (although none has more than 25 items in it), some on internal storage, and some on the SD card, and I don't get the issue you're seeing with any of them.

Julie