Thread: Move playback progress bar to top

Lightbulb Move playback progress bar to top

Because the playback bar is near the bottom of the screen (about 75% down from the top), it lines up perfectly with the unlock motion. Sometimes I pick up my phone and instinctively swipe right only to realize that the lock screen is not active -- which causes BeyondPod to advance the podcast I'm playing towards the end, and I cannot remember where I initially was.

Lightbulb Option to disable touching the progress bar

Quote Originally Posted by statikeffeck View Post
    Because the playback bar is near the bottom of the screen (about 75% down from the top), it lines up perfectly with the unlock motion. Sometimes I pick up my phone and instinctively swipe right only to realize that the lock screen is not active -- which causes BeyondPod to advance the podcast I'm playing towards the end, and I cannot remember where I initially was.
    There's more than one style of unlock screen, so that wouldn't always work, and I think this is actually a more general problem in any event -- it's easy to accidentally touch the progress bar and lose the playback position. The basic problem, it seems to me, is that currently touching anywhere along the progress bar causes playback to jump to that position. How about an option to only change playback position by dragging the progress slider? That way accidentally touching the progress bar wouldn't lose the playback position.
    Hope that helps,
    John
    [Nexus 5 running Lollipop 5.1 on T-Mobile USA]

Yes, the drag option sounds fantastic, and would solve a real problem I've had.