Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest new rules for SmartPlay

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Fair enough. Just posting for completeness (and the benefit of others who may not have known).

It would be nice to be able to drag the smartplay rules around to rearrange them. Right now if you want to switch up the smart play list, you have to make a list of your current rules (unless you have a good memory), delete your rules, and then re-add them in the new order you'd like.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by samej71 View Post
    It would be nice to be able to drag the smartplay rules around to rearrange them. Right now if you want to switch up the smart play list, you have to make a list of your current rules (unless you have a good memory), delete your rules, and then re-add them in the new order you'd like.
    Not quite, you CAN use the nudge up and down arrows to move them up and down a line at a time, but it's still not as slick as it could be.

The ability to drag rules, in the same way that you can drag episodes in the playlist to change the order, is already in the plan.

Julie

Well, this is embarrassing: I never noticed the arrows. D'oh!

Thank you

Elsewhere just recently someone was asking about 'catchUp' a category I used to use hoping it would be easier using smartplay.

What I had to do was just create a favourites category, play everything I listen to that's up to date in that and add each feed from CatchUp as oldest 2 episodes per feed.

My suggestion is to be able to add oldest/newest x episodes per feed in category xxx (CatchUp category in my case)

It would shorten my smartplay list and enable me to add a new feed as CatchUp without having to edit smartplay

BeyondPod Team
    You could achieve that now (assuming you're downloading, rather than streaming) by setting your update schedule to only download the oldest/newest 2 in each feed in that category, and then just having Play Oldest/Newest from category Catchup in your SmartPlay list. In fact, even if you're streaming, you can still restrict the feed to only stream 2 episodes from the feed.

HTH
    Julie

I would like to see an unread only option in the SmartPlay Rules. I have also not been able to find an option in the Feed Settings to specifically indicate that the Episodes Unread be downloaded automaticaly, then deleted once read.

The "Delete after playing" rule is in the Player settings, under "After Playing". Note that the widget and Bluetooth action "Next Episode" doesn't trigger this rule, but "Skip to End" does.

The automatic download is scheduled per category, under the "Manage Categories" menu item.

Categories are, in general, used for scheduling downloads and telling SmartPlay how to build playlists.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Rockwell View Post
    The automatic download is scheduled per category, under the "Manage Categories" menu item.
    ... if you have the paid / trial version of BeyondPod. The free version doesn't allow automatic downloads.

Julie

You can sort All Episodes by lentgh, so you can listen to the shortest ones first, but not in SmartPlay. A really nice feature will be for SmartPlay to offer the same type of sorting, rather than what appears to be random.

At the very least, sort by length across all of the feed groups.