Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Add setting to boost bluetooth volume/gain (and maybe one for speaker boost/gain)

Hi guys, you can try find the rocksmith all-new 2014 edition mp3 ringtone from here, free ringtone mp3 download site, wish it can bring you guys fun, cheers.
    Last edited by KennyChing; 08-25-2015 at 10:01 PM.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Per-feed Volume Boost (or reduction) is available in the Advanced Settings section for a feed in 4.x, for both "normal" and Virtual feeds.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Per-feed Volume Boost (or reduction) is available in the Advanced Settings section for a feed in 4.x, for both "normal" and Virtual feeds.

Julie
    I'd like to use this feature and I have 4.1.48, but I cannot see it even I click edit feed, advanced settings. Is it not in the beta?

You have to scroll waaaay down.

BeyondPod Team
    You also have to have speed adjustment enabled, as it's part of the same "modifications to the player" variant of the player - which also means it's a paid option.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    You also have to have speed adjustment enabled, as it's part of the same "modifications to the player" variant of the player - which also means it's a paid option.
    After a bit more fiddling I worked out that it's not enough just to have speed adjustment checked in the settings, you also have to try to change the speed to you can tell the dialog you're really sure.

I was particularly interested in the volume boost feature because the audio effects panels on every phone I've ever tried are ineffective for BP's audio. I guess BP is addressing the hardware in a different way than these controls expect.

I would like to re-request the feature that started this thread (it seems like the thread changed topic to per-feed volume settings at some point).

It would be great if there was a way to boost the volume specifically when streaming through bluetooth.

Right now, each time I get into my car I have to manually adjust the bluetooth volume on my phone to "above safe levels" in order to get it to be roughly the same volume as the FM radio (this is important when the vehicle decides to abruptly switch from bluetooth to FM radio; if the volume is cranked way up in the far, the sudden jump to FM blaring is jarring, to say the least).

I don't need the volume boosted all the time, like when listening via speaker or when listening via headphones/earbuds, only when streaming through bluetooth.

Thank you

BeyondPod Team
    I can only repeat an earlier reply (either on this thread or another related one). We did look into doing exactly that quite some time ago. It proved very problematic (unless we were going to implement a completely separate player, rather than using the built-in one, which would in itself would be a LOT of work - more than we have time to do), so I'm afraid it just isn't likely to get done.

Julie

I have version 4.0 and cannot find this feature anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by alphie View Post
    After a bit more fiddling I worked out that it's not enough just to have speed adjustment checked in the settings, you also have to try to change the speed to you can tell the dialog you're really sure.

I was particularly interested in the volume boost feature because the audio effects panels on every phone I've ever tried are ineffective for BP's audio. I guess BP is addressing the hardware in a different way than these controls expect.