Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disable auto-start when phone connects to vehicle's Bluetooth

BeyondPod Team
    To force BeyondPod to start, the BT device would have to explicitly request BeyondPod, which seems unlikely.

What actually gets started in response to a generic Play command is a bit of a dark art, but it's likely to be the most recently started app. This may be BeyondPod, even if you've shut down the UI, if the most recent action was a BeyondPod background process.

Preventing the device from sending the automatic play command on connection may be the only way to prevent this, I'm afraid.

Another possibility might be to change your BeyondPod settings to reduce the frequency of feed updates.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by brandonmarkb View Post
    The confusing thing for me is that the play command (I'm not using Alpine, but Toyota stock) will override everything I already have playing, including Spotify, Google Music, Pandora, and cause BeyondPod to launch. The play command makes sense, and would be nice insofar as it resumed anything already playing, but it seems like BeyondPod is the one who responds. Even if it was completely shut down before.
    Don't know about Google Music or Pandora but Spotify for some unfathomable reason removes its media button listener after a while, a few minutes. So if you've first used BeyondPod and then Spotify the remote control stack will look like this:

Code:
    Remote Control stack entries (last is top of stack):
      pi: PendingIntent{428ac170: PendingIntentRecord{428199a0 android broadcastIntent}} -- pack: null  -- ercvr: ComponentI
    nfo{mobi.beyondpod/mobi.beyondpod.services.player.MediaButtonIntentReceiver}  -- client: null  -- uid: -1  -- type: 0  s
    tate: PLAYSTATE_STOPPED, PLAYBACK_POSITION_INVALID ,ms ,1.0X
      pi: PendingIntent{42bfdd00: PendingIntentRecord{42be5b90 mobi.beyondpod broadcastIntent}} -- pack: null  -- ercvr: Com
    ponentInfo{mobi.beyondpod/mobi.beyondpod.services.player.MediaButtonIntentReceiver}  -- client: null  -- uid: 1000  -- t
    ype: 0  state: PLAYSTATE_STOPPED, PLAYBACK_POSITION_INVALID ,ms ,1.0X
      pi: PendingIntent{42deb790: PendingIntentRecord{42d1d408 com.spotify.mobile.android.ui broadcastIntent}} -- pack: com.
    spotify.mobile.android.ui  -- ercvr: ComponentInfo{com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/com.spotify.mobile.android.service.Medi
    aButtonReceiver}  -- client: android.media.IRemoteControlClient$Stub$Proxy@42da1238  -- uid: 10089  -- type: 0  state: P
    LAYSTATE_PAUSED, -9216204211029966080ms ,1.0X
    And a little while later it'll look like this without having used BeyondPod or Spotify:
    Code:
    Remote Control stack entries (last is top of stack):
      pi: PendingIntent{428ac170: PendingIntentRecord{428199a0 android broadcastIntent}} -- pack: null  -- ercvr: ComponentI
    nfo{mobi.beyondpod/mobi.beyondpod.services.player.MediaButtonIntentReceiver}  -- client: null  -- uid: -1  -- type: 0  s
    tate: PLAYSTATE_STOPPED, PLAYBACK_POSITION_INVALID ,ms ,1.0X
      pi: PendingIntent{42bfdd00: PendingIntentRecord{42be5b90 mobi.beyondpod broadcastIntent}} -- pack: mobi.beyondpod  --
    ercvr: ComponentInfo{mobi.beyondpod/mobi.beyondpod.services.player.MediaButtonIntentReceiver}  -- client: android.media.
    IRemoteControlClient$Stub$Proxy@42b7ac88  -- uid: 10063  -- type: 0  state: PLAYSTATE_PAUSED, -9216204211029966080ms ,1.
    0X
    Perhaps other apps do something similar? Or maybe it is Android that pops the remote control stack? In any case I don't think it is BeyondPod that is doing anything wrong.

recommend one of these two solutions:

To select the player: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.music.player

To stop players:https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....and.stop.play

Quote Originally Posted by djrerun View Post
    I have a 2011 VW GTI with Bluetooth phone and audio capabilities. I've had 3 separate Android phones running BeyondPod Pro (Org Moto Droid, Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4) and on all three, whenever my phone connects to my car, BeyondPod launches itself in the notification bar and remains open until I manually close it. Is this an intended feature? Can it be disabled?

Thanks in advance,

-ReRun
    You could try one of these two options:

To stop all players (though this is BETA and need improvements) :
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....and.stop.play

To start the player of your choice reliably:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.music.player

---cp2