Thread: In the Feed Window marking all read also changes all episodes in playlist to Played

In the Feed Window marking all read also changes all episodes in playlist to Played

Just changed to a new phone so had to set up BP again.

Previously when looking at new episodes in the feed window I could mark 'all read' without affecting the status of episodes that have been downloaded and put in the playlist. Now it simultaneously changes them to 'played'.

I've scoured the settings and cannot get it back to how it was previously. Does anyone know what settings changes are necessary.

It's a useful setting if you want to clearly see what new episodes are available to add to the playlist.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I think the setting you're looking for is in the Advanced settings: Menu | More... | Settings | Menu (again) | Advanced Settings | Set Played on Read.

Julie

BeyondPod Team
    BTW, you could have backed up all of your settings (including feeds, SmartPlay rules, etc.) on your old phone and restored them to your new phone using BeyondPod's Backup and Restore (Menu | More... | Settings | Backup & Restore).

Julie

Hi Julie. Thank you so much for your help .... That was great advice.

I have the same issue, downloaded episodes are marked read but when I toggle them unread and I flip back to the feed list they show back up as new episodes.
    I'm running 4.2.2 and I can't find the advanced settings Julie referred to above.

BeyondPod Team

4.2.2 is your Android version. The Advanced settings referred to are in BeyondPod.
    Menu | More... | Settings | Menu (i.e. press the Menu button again) | Advanced Settings | Set Played on Read

Julie

Thank you Julie.

Thank you Julie.

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post

4.2.2 is your Android version. The Advanced settings referred to are in BeyondPod.
    Menu | More... | Settings | Menu (i.e. press the Menu button again) | Advanced Settings | Set Played on Read

Julie