Thread: EpisodeSync in BlueStacks problem

EpisodeSync in BlueStacks problem

I've installed BeyondPod on BlueStacks, added stream, downloaded episodes. EpisodeSync turned on but episodes synchronization doesn't work.
    In log file:
    --- Potentially recoverable service error occured! (Error: Protocol not available)
    --- Sync failed! Protocol not available

Is it known problem and BeyondPod doesn't work in BlueStacks? Any workarounds?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    I haven't persevered myself, but Stefan has certainly had BeyondPod and EpisodeSync working in BlueStacks.

I assume that you have not only turned on EpisodeSync but also informed BP of the correct EpisodeSync account?

Which log file are you looking at? My guess would be that the Android log file (Menu | More... | Settings | Menu (again) | View logs | View Android Log) would provide most information about which protocol is not available.

My initial guess would be that it's something to do with an incomplete BlueStacks installation, but that is only a guess.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    I assume that you have not only turned on EpisodeSync but also informed BP of the correct EpisodeSync account?
    Yes, the same as on my phone and tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Which log file are you looking at? My guess would be that the Android log file (Menu | More... | Settings | Menu (again) | View logs | View Android Log) would provide most information about which protocol is not available.
    It's from BeyondPodSyncLog.txt file. No any menu items named "View Android Log", only "View Update Log / View BeyondPod Log / View Sync Log", and the first two doesn't contain any additional info about problem, and the last is the same as BeyondPodSyncLog.txt

it's version 3.1.39 from Google Play

Last edited by poksh; 09-02-2013 at 10:29 PM.

I also can't seem to get EpisodeSync to work between BlueStacks and my phone.

Can someone help me out with this?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    This is a Bluestacks problem (possibly a Bluestacks installation issue, since it does work for some people).

Server verification is provided via a well-known authority. Without this verification a device will not be allowed to establish a connection to our synchronisation server. In general, Android devices have access to about 10 such well-known authorities, but it's possible that Bluestacks (or your particular copy of it) doesn't include the Godaddy one that knows about our servers.

To fix this, you will need to install a certificate for Bluestacks to use. See http://www.godaddyguides.com/2011/08...e-certificate/ for more information ... but you'll really need to contact the developers of Bluestacks for help on how to do this.

Julie