Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blip.tv problem

Thanks a lot StefanK, that worked. ^^

Why is the user agent setting hidden away like this? Had I known it existed, I would have solved this problem myself in 5 minutes.
    Well on the other hand, this way it helped other people as well, so yay.

I think what blip is saying is, that they want the feeds really only be used by podcast readers and not that they want to get rid of the feeds. Otherwise they would have just disabled them.
    Ofcourse the sensible thing to do would be to just merge the videos with ads on the fly, when they are requested. Ofcourse this way you can't block people from skipping over the ads, like in your flashplayer, but it would be better than not having ads in the feeds at all...

BeyondPod Team
    The reason why "User Agent" is in the "advanced" settings was that we did not have much use for it... util now (only a handful of cases over the last years).
    I really hope that this was not the first step towards further limiting the feed functionality (kind of what YouTube has done).

The response I received from Blip is the same as the one thread received.

FYI - I received an update from the Blip folks indicating that they will look into adding BeyondPod and Doggcatcher to an allowed podcatcher whitelist. They did indicate though that they were not sure what their ultimate direction will be regarding allowing downloading of podcast episodes.

Not sure where this will end up, but just wanted to let folks know.

Well they still don't allow BeyondPod and it seems that they even block iTunes now. Or you have to be really specific with the version of it.
    I now use "Miro" in the user agent string. Let's see how long that will work.
    Last edited by Slowking; 05-17-2014 at 04:44 AM.

You can try Bigasoft Video Downloader Pro, it can download blip videos easily . You can read more from here : ​http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/how...ip-videos.html

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLotti View Post
    You can try Bigasoft Video Downloader Pro, it can download blip videos easily . You can read more from here : ​http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/how...ip-videos.html
    You could, but you would also have to create a virtual feed for them (if you want to play them in BeyondPod). Also, if you want to store them on a removable SD card, you'll also either have to move them to BeyondPod's folder so that it will have write access to be able to delete them, or delete them manually after playing.

Julie