Thread: Feature Request: Improved sorting options (natural sorting, track number, ID3 data)

Feature Request: Improved sorting options (natural sorting, track number, ID3 data)

I'd like to request several more feed sorting options.

Sometimes I get audio books or podcasts which have a specific order but their names are such than they sort incorrectly such as "podcast 1, podcast 10, podcast 11, podcast 2, podcast 20, podcast 21, etc." Being able to sort by track number would be a nice solution to this.

1. The easiest way to alleviate this would be to add natural alphabetical sorting, so that podcast 10 always comes after podcast 9, rather than podcast 1.

2. Another sorting would be to sort by track number within a feed.

3. A full fledged feature would be the ability to sort by any ID3 metadata stored on the MP3s (track, album, created date, artist, etc).

BP can select Oldest when building the playlist, if the feed has good dates (some don't).

True. The podcast that inspired this request does not have good dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Nojh View Post
    True. The podcast that inspired this request does not have good dates.
    I have one of those, and he publishes in bunches, so I generally hear them out of order. Setting the feed to "Download Episodes in-order" should help this, but doesn't. I generally only download one at a time, so download order vs. SmartPlay rules have different effects.

BeyondPod Team
    One other thing that may work is to try and request the feed trough Feedly - If the post/episode has no (good) date, their parsers seem to "generate" a date based on when they parsed the feed - this may be sufficient to provide a some predictable order.