Thread: regaining control of cast

regaining control of cast

After my phone (GS3) has been in my pocket for a while, it loses its connection to chromecast to function like a remote. Trying to hit the chromecast button in the app starts a new casting request, so that doesn't work... is there a way to regain remote control functionality or is it a bug that it loses remote control capabilities so readily? ...and also that it does not resume remote control functionality when reconnecting?
    Last edited by jhonen; 12-10-2013 at 04:28 PM.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Welcome to the forum.

I do occasionally get a problem with the connection between my own S3 and ChromeCast. It's very unpredictable though, with no particular pattern that I have been able to determine. Sometimes the connection seems to drop almost immediately, and sometimes I can play several items in a playlist without any issues. (I have had the same issue with other apps too, such as YouTube, so I think it's probably a ChromeCast or ChromeCast on Samsung issue, rather than a BeyondPod one.) So far, we haven't had any joy in identifying the cause or circumstances.

There's an "umbrella" app for connecting to a ChromeCast and selecting an app to use, called RemoteCast, that can be used to just reconnect a CC device. You may find that helps to just re-establish the connection.

Otherwise, it would be helpful to get an Android log (and description of the issue, with as much detail as you can supply) as soon as possible the next time it happens to you. As I said, I don't think it's actually a BeyondPod issue, but the log may help to at least diagnose the circumstances under which this is happening. Note that all Android apps share the same log file (even though they can only see their own entries in it), which fills up fairly fast, so it's important to capture the log as soon as you can, before all evidence has been obliterated. To do this, go to Menu | More... | Settings | Menu (again) | View Logs, and select the Android log. From there, there's an option in the Menu to email the log to support. Please include in the email a description in as much detail as possible what happened, and link to this thread.

Julie