Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how to use it

how to use it

How do you use it with chromecast? Unless I'm blind I don't see the cast button. Thanks

I'm in the same boat... I can only guess that they pulled the trigger on the PR machine before releasing the new version of the app...

Chromecast support (Moved from beta forum)

Press release this morning advises that Beyondpod now has Chromecast support. I installed the app, no support. Joined beta channel and updated... Still no support. Sideloaded the beta apk... What gives? Is the cast button just hiding from me somewhere?

BeyondPod Team
    Chromecast support is rolling out as we speak. In order for it to work, you have to use to the latest BeyondPod version from the Play Store (3.2.55 phone or 3.20.55 tablet) and for your Chromecast device to refresh its list of "newly available" applications.

Google has started updating the Chromecast devices earlier this morning, but your device may have not yet updated (you can try to force update by power cycling the Chromecast device).

Stefan

BeyondPod Team
    threads merged

Can this cast directly from a device. I mean, if I have downloaded a podcast episode on my phone, and the episode is no longer available on the server but is on my device, can I still play it through Chromecast?

Perfect! Rebooting the Chromecast made it work... You should note that somewhere in the "What's new" section until that step is unnecessary... I was pretty bummed when it didn't work at first.

BeyondPod Team
    Unfortunately not at this time. The way the Chromecast device currently works, the episode needs to be on a (public) web server, so that the Chromecast device can get to it.

There are rumors that in the next (...future) versions of the Chromecast it will be possible to "push" local media from the device to Chromecast.

Stefan

BeyondPod Team
    neverfeedazombie ,

Thanks for the feedback. Generally devices should self-update frequently (seems like they check about every 15 minutes or so), ...but you never know.

In the mean time I updated the "What is New" page on our web site (Play store allows only 500 symbols for that section).

Stefan

I still cant see a cast button. I'm running the latest chromecast firmware 14651 and beyondpod 3.2.55. I'm trying feeds that are internet streaming. I'm excited as about casting I've registered on this forum just so I can get it working.