Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: how to use it

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by bobert13581 View Post
    I still cant see a cast button. I'm running the latest chromecast firmware 14651 and beyondpod 3.2.55. I'm trying feeds that are internet streaming. I'm excited as about casting I've registered on this forum just so I can get it working.
    reboot of the phone got the cast button to show.

  2. #12
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Posts
    4,169
    @bobert13581: Can you cast from any other app? (e.g. YouTube, Play Music, Play Movies, etc.)

    BeyondPod should show the cast button as long as you have BeyondPod 3.2/20.55 or later, and the current ChromeCast firmware AND both devices are connected to the same WiFi network.

    It doesn't (AFAIK) check whether an episode is available to stream until it actually tries to play it, so it shouldn't make any difference what you're trying to cast at the point where you are simply connecting BP to your ChromeCast device. So, as for most Casting apps, the steps are:

    1. Tap ChromeCast button to connect to chosen ChromeCast device
    2. Instruct the app to play something

    If you can play from other apps OK, and are still unable to connect from BP, have you tried a good old-fashioned reboot of both devices?

    Julie

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    @bobert13581: Can you cast from any other app? (e.g. YouTube, Play Music, Play Movies, etc.)

    BeyondPod should show the cast button as long as you have BeyondPod 3.2/20.55 or later, and the current ChromeCast firmware AND both devices are connected to the same WiFi network.

    It doesn't (AFAIK) check whether an episode is available to stream until it actually tries to play it, so it shouldn't make any difference what you're trying to cast at the point where you are simply connecting BP to your ChromeCast device. So, as for most Casting apps, the steps are:

    1. Tap ChromeCast button to connect to chosen ChromeCast device
    2. Instruct the app to play something

    If you can play from other apps OK, and are still unable to connect from BP, have you tried a good old-fashioned reboot of both devices?

    Julie
    thanks Julie, it was the reboot of the phone that finally got me working

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    16

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post

    BeyondPod should show the cast button as long as you have BeyondPod 3.2/20.55 or later, and the current ChromeCast firmware AND both devices are connected to the same WiFi network

    Julie
    May I add that the BP's ChromeCast support also works (although a bit hacky obviously) with CheapCast! I'm shooting from my Nexus 7 to Samsung S3, and from my Samsung 8.9 to either my Nexus or to the S3. Pretty cool since the S3 doesn't have BP installed. Well, I guess it's time to find an actual ChromeCast under my tree now that apps I use support it, like BP!

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2
    Mine was working on the day of the announcement, but it no longer I have reset the chromecast to see if it would do anything and I re downloaded the app but nothing works has the option.

  6. #16
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Posts
    4,169
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWeav View Post
    May I add that the BP's ChromeCast support also works (although a bit hacky obviously) with CheapCast! I'm shooting from my Nexus 7 to Samsung S3, and from my Samsung 8.9 to either my Nexus or to the S3. Pretty cool since the S3 doesn't have BP installed. Well, I guess it's time to find an actual ChromeCast under my tree now that apps I use support it, like BP!
    Good point. I've been using it with Cheapcast on a TV stick for a while now ... although the TV stick is nothing to write home about and is definitely the weak link!

  7. #17
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Posts
    4,169
    Quote Originally Posted by cwchase View Post
    Mine was working on the day of the announcement, but it no longer I have reset the chromecast to see if it would do anything and I re downloaded the app but nothing works has the option.
    Do you have the paid version? If not, did you have a trial version that has expired since then? Chromecast support is a paid feature.

    For it to work, you need
    • The paid (or trial) version of BeyondPod
    • BeyondPod version 3.2.55 (phones) or 3.20.55 (tablets) or later
    • ChromeCast powered on (!)
    • The device running BeyondPod to be on the same WiFi Network as your ChromeCast (the ChromeCast display will tell you which network it's on)

    Julie

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Do you have the paid version? If not, did you have a trial version that has expired since then? Chromecast support is a paid feature.

    For it to work, you need
    • The paid (or trial) version of BeyondPod
    • BeyondPod version 3.2.55 (phones) or 3.20.55 (tablets) or later
    • ChromeCast powered on (!)
    • The device running BeyondPod to be on the same WiFi Network as your ChromeCast (the ChromeCast display will tell you which network it's on)

    Julie
    I had the paid version, and everything was in proper order, it just stopped working for some reason. However, now it has gone back to working for some reason. I didn't do anything that I can think of to affect it.

  9. #19
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Posts
    4,169
    Maybe you inadvertantly had WiFi switched off on the phone? Who knows?

  10. #20
    hello, i am having a problem using my paid full version of beyondpod on my Galaxy S3 with my chromecast, they are both up to date and restarted, when i hit the cast button on the phone, the beyondbod logo does show up on the tv casted saying ready to play, yet all the audio comes out the phone still. can you please help me?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •