Thread: Screensaver

Screensaver

Been using BP in our CC for several days now and it is AWESOME! I use it every day multiple times a day.

There is one problem though, and it's a pretty big one: the image on the screen never changes while playing a podcast. Over time this is going to damage my plasma TV. There needs to be some kind of screensaver that turns on after a few minutes, similar to what happens on the Google Music Play app.

In the meantime I can turn the screen off on my set while playing podcasts. This is a really annoying workaround though, because the screen-off setting is buried in the menu and defeats part of the point of the chromecast, which is that I no longer need my remote control; I just need my phone.

BeyondPod Team
    It's already in the pipeline, so you should see this pretty soon. (It's a server-side issue, so you won't need to update BeyondPod to see it when it rolls out.)

Julie

Great! Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update.

The screensaver is nice! I really like it.
    Right now, the "remaining" time is shown in minutes, if the value is > 60 sec, and otherwise it displays seconds.
    It kind of gives a count-down effect which can be a bit distracting.
    Think maybe we can just say "<1 min", or just leave it at "1 min" or "0 min"?

Following up: looks great! Thanks for helping my plasma TV to stay healthy.

clock stays in one place

Kudos for implementing the screensaver! When casting I'm seeing a clock with the current hour and minute in the lower right corner. Although the podcast info moves around the screen every few secs, the clock appears to stay in one place and I'm afraid it might burn into a plasma over time. Could it be modified to move around the screen as well?

BeyondPod Team
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

We'll check it out.

Julie

^That would be great. I concur andrewp's idea. It would be nice to have the option of being able to move the clock around.