Thread: Video advancing disconnects from Chromecast

Video advancing disconnects from Chromecast

While watching a video podcast from BP, I sometimes I want to skip more than the 30sec advance. So, I put my finger on the position bar and advance the episode while playing, but sometimes this causes the BP connection from my Nexus 7 to my new Chromrcast dongle to disconnect completely.

BTW, even if this may be by design since the source podcast is a video feed, thank you for making the Chromecast display the video even when BP is in the video as audio mode. That's awesome!

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWeav View Post
    While watching a video podcast from BP, I sometimes I want to skip more than the 30sec advance. So, I put my finger on the position bar and advance the episode while playing, but sometimes this causes the BP connection from my Nexus 7 to my new Chromecast dongle to disconnect completely.
    Does this happen with all feeds, or just some? It may or may not be under BeyondPod's control, but it might be helpful to get an Android log immediately after it happens to at least see what happened.

To do this, use Menu | More... | Settings | Menu (again) | View logs | View Android log. From there, you can choose email support. Please describe what happened, and link to this post.

BTW, even if this may be by design since the source podcast is a video feed, thank you for making the Chromecast display the video even when BP is in the video as audio mode. That's awesome!
    It is very much by design.

Sorry for the long delay, but I've been testing things out more and it seems BP stabilized with the Chromecast within a week or so of my posting this. Maybe Google had something goon on, but this is working fine now.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    This is all under ChromeCast/Google's control, so hopefully it'll settle down even more with the release of the new SDK and as the updated Play Services to support it get rolled out.