Thread: Intent to jump straight into Player View under all circumstances?

Intent to jump straight into Player View under all circumstances?

I'm always in search of new ways of integrating BeyondPod further into my phone. What I'm looking for now is the Android intent that will always take me straight into the Player View, no matter what.

I've already tried mobi.beyondpod.action.VIEW_MASTER and mobi.beyondpond.ui.views.MasterView but those don't work.

And, yes, I have set my Startup Screen to Player View in Settings, but that option only helps when BeyondPod is launched from a fresh start. Once it's open and running in the background, re-opening BeyondPod brings you back to the screen you last viewed. I understand why they do this, but I'm looking for a way to go into the Player View *every* time for my own workflow.

Thanks in advance for any help!

BeyondPod Team
    kore7,

One thing you can try is to still use the VIEW_MASTER as "action" but provide the following string in the intent "data" => "mobi.beyondpod.services.player.LockScreenWake Up" (without the quotes)

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by StefanK View Post
    kore7,

One thing you can try is to still use the VIEW_MASTER as "action" but provide the following string in the intent "data" => "mobi.beyondpod.services.player.LockScreenWake Up" (without the quotes)

Stefan
    Thanks for your suggestion Stefan. I played around with different intents a bit more, but to no avail.

Earlier, I created a bunch of button shortcuts to simulate the player screen controls from anywhere. It worked, but it was pretty ugly and clunky so I don't use it anymore. If you ever find out how to do it, let me know.

Happy New Year!