Thread: Can't add Youtube subscriptions to playlist

Question Can't add Youtube subscriptions to playlist

I've created an RSS feed from my Youtube subscriptions and added that feed to BeyondPod. I was able to get a listing of the newest subscriptions but I can't seem to add them to a playlist. If I select an individual item from the feed I get a summary with a thumbnail but the video does not stream or download within BeyondPod. The intent was to aggregate the new videos from all of my subscriptions and then cast them to my TV from a playlist but attempting to add them to a playlist does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

This is the feed URL, though I changed USERNAME to my youtube username and ensured that sharing of subscriptions was allowed in account privacy settings.

http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/...criptionvideos

Really? Nobody? I know it must be possible since there are already RSS subscriptions for Youtube videos such as "Best of Youtube". If you have any idea how to do this please let me know.

BeyondPod Team
    Unfortunately currently there is no good way to do what you want.

YouTube subscriptions work differently than other feeds and the media can't be downloaded (it would be violation of YouTube's terms of service). In their RSS feeds they link to flash as media format of the content and that format can't be played in the BeyondPod's internal player - once BeyondPod detects that this is a YouTube feed, it starts the YouTube application. Because they are played in another (external) application, there is no sense to add them to the playlist as BeyondPod has no idea when that other app has finished playing (and play the next episode)

"Best of You Tube" (the feed you are referring) is actually not a YouTube feed - it is a normal podcast feed that somebody has created and hosted outside of YouTube (on their own servers).

Stefan