Thread: 2nd device not downloading episodes.

2nd device not downloading episodes.

I have setup the sync on two devices. Main device has episodes downloaded. 2nd device grabbed a proper sync, but all of the episodes are marked as <stream>. From what I read in the instructions, it should download them during the next feed update:

<text from instructions>
    If you download episode on a device, and your other devices don't have it already, it will be added to them as a new "streamable" episode. (If your feed is set to download episodes, this "streamable" episode will be automatically downloaded during the next scheduled update
    <end>

On the 2nd device, I am having to click on the download button for each episode to force it to download it. I even waited overnight so it could run through a scheduled update, but it didn't work.

Any suggestions? I'm fairly sure I have things setup correctly, especially since the 2nd device is using a configuration backup of BeyondPod from the main device, and that is working exactly how I expect/want.

Thanks.

Something to add that I just figured out...

On the 2nd device, for the feed settings, I found the button labeled:
    Clear Feed Download History

I tried it, and then updated the feed again, and the episodes started downloading as I expected them to.

So, that is a workaround, but doesn't fix it working as I thought it should have.

Just something to look into.

Also, in case you needed to know, i am using the latest beta phone version that I downloaded yesterday. 3.2.62

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    It may be a one-off setup issue, particularly as you restored a backup from your primary device, which (presumably) already had those episodes marked as downloaded - even though they didn't exist on your secondary device. So BP thought there was nothing to download.

Julie

Hi Julie,

Yes, the episodes were already completely downloaded on the primary device. I then saved my config on the primary device, and installed BeyondPod app on the 2nd device, and restored the config to it.

The feeds & episodes showed up on the 2nd device, but with <stream> lit up for each episode, and also the "download" button option was lit up. I could click on each "download" button, which would work to force it to download the episode and also clear the <stream> light, but there were too many episodes for me to work with, so I wanted to find a way to force it to download everything.

That is when I found the "Clear Feed Download History" button. That fixed the issue and allowed the 2nd device to start to download everything without any more interaction from me.

It may have been a one-off issue, but it may be something you want the app to check/verify for, in case it happens to any other new users. Or, at least put the info about the "Clear Feed Download History" in the instructions that I mentioned in my original post. I spent too much time trying to figure out why it wouldn't auto download the episodes when I had it marked to do so.

Thanks a lot for a good product so far. I am actually testing your app out as a replacement for an older app that I have used for quite a while now that is no longer being supported. I have tested about 5 different replacement apps so far, and BeyondPod is in the lead. The sync option is one thing that is helping keep it in the lead.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyThumper View Post
    It may have been a one-off issue, but it may be something you want the app to check/verify for, in case it happens to any other new users. Or, at least put the info about the "Clear Feed Download History" in the instructions that I mentioned in my original post. I spent too much time trying to figure out why it wouldn't auto download the episodes when I had it marked to do so.
    I'm not disputing that at all. It's these little gremlins that make development and support so much fun .