Thread: no art work showing

no art work showing

I have been useing beyond pod for a couple of years.now I am finding when I add some feeds from my SD card no art work is showing on the feeds even the art work updates when I add the new feed.

BeyondPod Team
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

When you say you're adding a feed from your SD card, do you mean you're adding a virtual feed? (i.e. you're not subscribing to an online feed, but instead you're adding a folder to BeyondPod to look like a feed.)

If so, this may be of interest from the old(ish) beta changelogs:

• BeyondPod 3.1.45
    • Virtual folders can now have custom images. To assign a custom image to a folder, use a PNG or JPG file (200x200 pixels works best), name it ".feedimage" (be careful not to omit the starting ".") and put it as a file in the virtual feed.

Before that, the only artwork you would have seen for any Virtual Feed would have been a yellow folder icon. Note that the current released version is newer than 3.1.45, so this change is included.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post

When you say you're adding a feed from your SD card, do you mean you're adding a virtual feed? (i.e. you're not subscribing to an online feed, but instead you're adding a folder to BeyondPod to look like a feed.)

• BeyondPod 3.1.45
    • Virtual folders can now have custom images. To assign a custom image to a folder, use a PNG or JPG file (200x200 pixels works best), name it ".feedimage" (be careful not to omit the starting ".") and put it as a file in the virtual feed.

Before that, the only artwork you would have seen for any Virtual Feed would have been a yellow folder icon. Note that the current released version is newer than 3.1.45, so this change is included.

Julie
    Yes from an SD card there is a jpeg in the folder some do work when uploaded some don't. I have been using beyond pod for about 2 years and never had a problem now with my new phone I am seeing this issue.

BeyondPod Team
    Is your jpeg called .feedimage in all of your virtual feed folders, as described above?

This feature has only been available for a few months (since 3.1.45 beta version was made available, or the 2 most recent release versions).

Another possibility is that your phone is struggling to display a particular image at the size required. How big are the jpegs that aren't working? Can you view them using the gallery app?

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post

• BeyondPod 3.1.45

Julie
    I did all that, and the yellow folder doesn't change.

Screenshot_9.png

It's a png, called ".feedimage", 200x200px
    Why is not working?

An update on this that works on the latest beta v4.2.35.

Download he image you require and name it "feedimage". My feed images are ".jpg" files of varying sizes but not over 500 x 500 pixels. (lager size may work but why waste storage space?)

Open your podcast files on your Android device and navigate to where BeyondPod stores its Podcasts. Place the image in the feed folder you want the image for. Once the image is in the folder and you can see it rename it ".feedimage.".

It is important that you remove the ".jpg" or".png" from the file name but just leave the ".". Open up BeyondPod and there you are.

The file name can be changed before importing into the podcast folder but the file suffix can only be removed leaving just the "." when you are looking at the file on your device.

I have multiple feeds in one folder and this also works if you put the ".feedimage." into the folder list. You then get the image on all the folders within the multiple feeds folder plus the multiple feed folder as well.