Thread: Unlock Key Download Error

Unlock Key Download Error

I've seen other parts here with problems related to problems with the Beyondpod unlock key, but didn't see any with the same error I'm getting when I try to install the unlock key.

I bought the unlock key from the play store on my Android Mini (my credit card was charged), but it still shows up with the price, $6.99, next to the app. I tried clicking on the price again and it opens a page that says:

"App Permissions
    Beyondpod unlock key does not require any special permissions."

When I click "continue" the program thinks for a couple of seconds before I get the following message:

"Error retrieving information from server. [BM-PPH-01]"

Is it simply not possible to use the unlock key on the mini, or is there something else I need to do?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

The unlock key is not restricted to particular devices, but even if it was, it wouldn't appear in the Play Store if it couldn't be installed on your device.

I suspect this is probably a temporary glitch on the Play Store. Give it a while and then try again. If that doesn't work, try rebooting your phone and then try again.

If the Play Store has taken your money but doesn't remember that you've purchased, you'll need to take it up with Google.

Apparently I needed to clear out data from Google Play. When I went to "settings", "apps" and then selected "Google Play" there was an option to "clear data" and "clear cache". Once that was done, the app downloaded no problem.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Good. Thanks for letting us know.