Thread: "Headset Button" switch on the main widget or on separate widget

Lightbulb "Headset Button" switch on the main widget or on separate widget

I use more than one application that has "control headset buttons" switch in settings.
    Would be great if I can easily switch that setting with some shortcut or widget (can be integrated in the existing one or can be separate). So I don't have to have application turned on, go to settings, player settings and then check what I need.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here. Could you clarify please?

Julie

Thank you for the answer. It's good to know that someone noticed the post.

Imagine that you have more than one application you use for playback. One for podcasts. One for your music files.
    You set up both applications to respond to headset buttons (play/pause/forward etc.).
    You start up BeyondPod and listen. You want to pause, so you use the button on the headset. BeyondPod pauses, but at the same time music application kicks in and plays.

What I would like to see is a widget on my desktop that I could use to see what's the status of that setting, as well as be able to switch that setting fast.
    By fast I mean faster than putting BeyondPod in foreground, using menu button, choosing "More...", then "Settings", then "Player Settings" and at last "Enable Headset Button".
    Such kind of information and "switch" could be placed on already existing widget (additional button next to play/next/prev etc.).

Do you get my point, now?

In the scenario I used Poweramp and Plantronics Voyager Pro+.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    The Player settings are generally a set-once-and-forget thing. You shouldn't need to keep switching them on and off. The application that responds to the headset button is generally the "current" one. I'm not aware of any Android device that would pass a Play/Pause command to two applications at once, as in the scenario that you describe. What device and Android version are you using?

Generally speaking, you should be able to start playback on any given app, and the headset button presses will be passed to only that app for as long as it is active.

Attempting to start up an application from scratch using the Play button is rather more hit-and-miss, as Android will choose the one that it considers "current", which may or may not be the last one you used, depending on memory management (i.e. the last one you used may have been swapped out of memory to make way for an unrelated app, but still leaving another AV app in memory, so that would be considered the "active" one).

HTH
    Julie

Whatever general knowledge and designed behavior is like, my device seems not to follow that.
    I run Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) with Android 4.3 on-board.

I tested scenario again with different Bluetooth headset. Samsung SBH170. It behaves like you described.

But whatever different headsets behave, the idea is not a bug report, but simply proposal of a feature that would help in those kind of situations.
    Such solution would be very general and independent of the configuration used (device, OS, applications).