Thread: Democracy Now does not download

Democracy Now does not download

Hi,

My device is HTC EVO 4G running Cyanogenmod 7.1.0 RC1.

I have been using BeyondPod for several months now without any problem. Just a week ago, Democracy Now Video Podcast is not downloading properly. Usually the entire download will take a few seconds, may be a minute or two at most. Then it will be ready for Play, no problem. But now, when the download starts, it stops just within a second or two. The buttons show that it is ready to Play. But when I click Play I get a message that the video cannot be played in BP and asks me whether I want to use external player. That does not help either, I tried the two choices I am given, DoubleTwist, and Movies, both say the video cannot be played.

Stream works, but where I live the coverage is not great and most of the time I only get "waiting for video" circle.

I thought may be the internal storage has run out. I have more than a Gig internal storage and I have more than 10 GB of the 32 GB SD card.

I am at a loss, any help will be deeply appreciated.

-- Dileepan

BeyondPod Team
    Dileepan,

Democracy Now videos are hosted on blip.tv. Blip.tv has recently started denying access to their videos from some applications/platforms. Take a look at this thread for more information on the issue and one possible workaround you can try.

Quote Originally Posted by StefanK View Post
    Dileepan,

Democracy Now videos are hosted on blip.tv. Blip.tv has recently started denying access to their videos from some applications/platforms. Take a look at this thread for more information on the issue and one possible workaround you can try.
    Thanks Stefan, it worked like a charm, appreciate it...