Thread: CM10.2 missing podcast files

CM10.2 missing podcast files

I have upgraded to CM10.2. With android 4.3 the sdcard location has moved due to the profiles. I moved all of my data so that it shows back up in \sdcard. (now data\media\0 instead of data\media). I believe that data\media\0 is the true location and \sdcard is emulated. BeyondPod shouldnt see the difference if it references \sdcard.

When I open BeyondPod after restoring a backup from Titanium BP knows which episodes ive watched, but it cant find any of the files. It shows the same number of episodes as there used to be downloaded, but now they are all marked (Stream).

Please help me restore my eppisodes.

Quote Originally Posted by blindguy View Post
    I have upgraded to CM10.2. With android 4.3 the sdcard location has moved due to the profiles. I moved all of my data so that it shows back up in \sdcard. (now data\media\0 instead of data\media). I believe that data\media\0 is the true location and \sdcard is emulated. BeyondPod shouldnt see the difference if it references \sdcard.

When I open BeyondPod after restoring a backup from Titanium BP knows which episodes ive watched, but it cant find any of the files. It shows the same number of episodes as there used to be downloaded, but now they are all marked (Stream).

I actually just verified that BP is refering to \storage\emulated\0\BeyongPod\Podcast which is another emulated folder for the same location where my files are currently.

Quote Originally Posted by blindguy View Post

OK I figured it out. I originally restored BP before moving the files. Moving them after that didnt restore them. Before posting here I tried to restore again but thought restoring data would be enough.

Restoring App+Data after moving files to the correct location worked.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Version 3.2.62 onwards (currently in beta) should handle this better.

Glad you got it sorted.

Julie

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    BTW, the best way to move BeyondPod from one device (or ROM) to another is:
    1. Use BeyondPod's Backup function to back up your settings
    2. Make a copy of the whole BeyondPod folder (which includes your downloaded media AND the backup you've just created)
    3. Restore the BeyondPod folder on the new machine
    4. Use BeyondPod's Restore function to ensure that your BeyondPod settings are reinstated.

Julie
    Last edited by juwlz; 02-12-2014 at 01:58 AM.