Thread: automatically deleting old podcasts

automatically deleting old podcasts

I see that I can set the app to automatically delete podcasts older than a certain date. However, does that apply to podcasts that I havenít listened to yet?

I am concerned that if I donít use the app for a period of time, it will delete podcasts Iíve downloaded but havenít had a chance to listen to.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Yes, the automatic clean-up rules are designed to stop your device getting clogged up with out of date episodes that you'll never listen to.

If you don't want this to happen, don't set automatic rules for your feed(s).

Normally, After Playing will be set to "Delete and Pay Next" in the Player Settings, so that will automatically delete episodes after you've played them.

HTH
    Julie

Normally I don't have a lot of old episodes, but I'm thinking of starting to listen to an audiobook, and that will probably take a while, adding to my backlog.

"Delete and play next" is an interesting option, but does that only apply if you listen to an entire episode? I wouldn't want the episode deleted if I only temporarily skip to another episode and then intend to go back to it later.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Yes, episodes only get deleted when you get to the end of them. (In fact, to be totally pedantic, they only get deleted when BP automatically starts to play the next episode after it in your playlist.)

For audio books, you'll want to set the feed to Download in Order. With that, you can restrict the number of episodes that get downloaded, so that you don't download newer episodes until you've deleted the ones you've already played to make room for the new ones.

Julie